cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go Elsewhere :(

Kiki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Long time PM customer here...please read about the current situation here before deciding to waste your money on Public Mobile:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Resolution-In-Progress-Dropped-calls-is...

45 REPLIES 45

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kiki wrote:

@TheGx  I think you are missing the point here...it is not that we don't understand that accidents happen, we do...that is why we are okay with the limited customer service in lieu of the cheaper fees. If we are going to look at an accident analogy...let's put it this way - Public Mobile would be the insurance company in this case....it is like the insurance company (Public Mobile) is refusing to provide coverage for the costs of the accident, and saying it is our fault, and making us pay out of pocket for the expenses it has cost us.....

I don't think I'm missing the point, I agree that Public is liable for these accidents, but they are still accidents and don't effect what the initail value of the deal was because they are accidents. To use your insurance company example, just because the insurance company does or does not cover the cost of your accident, doesn't effect what the original deal was because the deal was made with all parties not taking accidents into consideration at all - like there is no clause or mention of what to do when accidents occur in the original contract.

So Public should definetly do something to compensate their customers for these accidents, as well as not blame them and instead take responsibility for their product not working out as it should, because cheaper prices doesn't mean we should get a bad product that is prone to accidents since accidents are not part of the deal at all.

I just saying for all parties, both us customers and Public, to be understanding and know that usually it takes time for accidents to be fixed and all sorted out properly - I myself have't had any dropped calls here out west, and I'm confident that Public will compensate those who had these problems, because all my experiences with Public have shown that they value their customers and always compensate their customers for their troubles as they did with me each time I had problems.

Kiki

@TheGx  I think you are missing the point here...it is not that we don't understand that accidents happen, we do...that is why we are okay with the limited customer service in lieu of the cheaper fees. If we are going to look at an accident analogy...let's put it this way - Public Mobile would be the insurance company in this case....it is like the insurance company (Public Mobile) is refusing to provide coverage for the costs of the accident, and saying it is our fault, and making us pay out of pocket for the expenses it has cost us.....

TheGx

@Arman wrote:
do not get your analogy. Your car is broken and then you blame yourself.!

My analogy about accidents are that simply they are accidents that are not supposed to happen in the first place, nobody plans for them to happen or wants them to happen, in fact all parties involved and uninvolved likley does everything to prevent them and hopes they never happen - dropped calls are similar in that they are accidents that nobody wants to evehave happen, both Public and it's customers don't want them to happen and for sure Public is doing everything for them not to occur at all.

So, these accidents that happen despite everyone trying to prevent them from happening, don't devalue the choice made before the accidents happen.  Like if I thought a certain car was a good deal and bought that car, I can't say it was a bad deal because I got into an accident in that car, and Public customers can't say the Public plan are a bad deal because of dropped calles - because the droped calls were never an expected outcome for all parties involved.  Unless you can prove that Public intended to sell plans that include dropped calls, you can't claim the plan are a bad deal for unintended outcomes such as dropped calls and other accidents.  It's like if my phone got stolen and then said the company that sold me the phone didn't give good value, neither me nor my phone company wanted the misfortune to happen.

Arman
do not get your analogy. Your car is broken and then you blame yourself.!

TheGx

@Kiki wrote:

@TheGxIt's not good value for the $ if you can't make any phone calls....

@KikiTrue, but not being able to make calls is an accident or misfortunate circumstance, something that's not supposed to happen, this should be fixed and when it is fixed - Public is stil the best value, accidenta/misfortunate circumstances sholdn't be added into the equation when comparing phone plans.

Just like if you got into accident, you wouldn't say that the car you have is worse value for what you paid when the accdients are not ssupposed to happen firtst.

rh66

the dropped call issue has caused an additional problem of plan renewals not reseting data so now you have a dumbphone 

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sonician wrote:

Halifax here, and my calls drop every day, after about 20-25 mins every time. 

Been happening for months too, with no resolution. This is the last prepaid cyucle I'll be paying for with Public Mobile.

I am in HRM also.  No issues with me.  I have Public Mobile on a Nokia 3310 3G candy bar phone.  Do me a favour, set the network to 3G only, and see what happens.  I know the voice part is already 3G, but I wonder if the LTE part is causing the disconeections?

Kiki

@NDesaiIt is most certainly NOT only a handful of users that are affected...

Kiki

@TheGxIt's not good value for the $ if you can't make any phone calls....

TheGx

@NDesai wrote:

Only a handful of users on certain plans were effected by this. Majority of customers had no issues with drop calls. Saving a few $ a months is still worth it imho.

Saving $ is always worth it, and that's why Public Mobile is worth it since they have the most value for $.

sonician

Halifax here, and my calls drop every day, after about 20-25 mins every time. 

Been happening for months too, with no resolution. This is the last prepaid cyucle I'll be paying for with Public Mobile.

erinnkec
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same! South West Nova - and I have never dropped a call. Data isn't always the MOST dependable - but I believe it's using the same towers as Telus? So it's not any difference in service when I switched over. My only issue so far has been related to autopay. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It is definitely buyer beware, but at the same time, I have almost 3 years of extremely reliable service.  Saving $40+ per month compared to the plans I left before I got here, for more than what the others were providing to me.

It's hard for me to refer new subscribers when support services are struggling here.

GR
Mayor / Maire

I live in southern Nova Scotia in a small village and I've got 7 phones with public mobile and I Havnt had a dropped call yet!  (knock on wood)  lol   I can't complain at all about public mobile service! 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Only a handful of users on certain plans were effected by this. Majority of customers had no issues with drop calls. Saving a few $ a months is still worth it imho.

Need Help? Let's chat.