cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go Elsewhere :(

Kiki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Long time PM customer here...please read about the current situation here before deciding to waste your money on Public Mobile:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Resolution-In-Progress-Dropped-calls-is...

45 REPLIES 45

Arman
PM should learn to respect customers.

Kiki

Had already re-contacted the moderators, I know how things work around here, hence my frustration...at this point I have heard back from CCTS and PM in response to my CCTS complaint...

Gregmt

This issue has been resolved for me and for the network according to their post. I was experiencing dropped calls issues for about 4 days but it has been resolved for me. 

Always a good idea to contact moderators when you experience network issues like this so they can be addressed . 

Hoping you were able to have your issue fixed and give them another chance. 

Arman
I am not the supporter, I support you even if I have no call drop. This is a community concept

Kiki

I am still having issues with dropped calls, so frustrating....but apparently that is worth the reduced cost and rewards according to the supporters here...

Arman
As you mentioned Telus has an interruption. (15 MinutesIs) I have no text for 12 days. This is not called interruption.

Camjam_65
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

service interuptions could honestly happen anywhere, i imagine many Telus customers this month had some issues as well. PM thrives on being honest in pricing and how they are dealing with issues, this is weel worth it

Arman
I am happy that you can Call and text without any issue. For me cannot text my kids is painful.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kiki wrote:

@TheGxare you able to text? Because @Arman is not....so, please tell me again about how Public Mobile is a great deal...

If you would have read my posts, you'd know already that I can text and call no problem, that is why Public is a good deal for me - just because you're not happy doesn't mean everyone should feel the same as you.

TheGx

@Arman wrote:
I am not sure why do you lower the bar and your expectation while this is not acceptable to anyone. You have more cell phone with Public Mobile and you are more vulnerable than any of us. Expecting quality; this is the only way that you can raise the quality of Public Mobile and make them responsible for what they provide. Reminder: I cannot send text for last 10 days.

I am already getting quality from Public Mobile, I am not having the same problems you are with not being able to text or call, so that's why I don't agree with you becaues I'm not going through the same thing as you.

TheGx

@Kiki wrote:

Hmmm...maybe I should dummy this down so that you can understand our logic...we cannot  use our phones for calling or texting!!! That is why I started this thread and why I am still posting to this thread 😤

How much dumbed down do you need? I already said I agree that not being able to use your phones is not acceptable, are you even reading the posts?

Kiki

@TheGxare you able to text? Because @Arman is not....so, please tell me again about how Public Mobile is a great deal...

Arman
I am not sure why do you lower the bar and your expectation while this is not acceptable to anyone. You have more cell phone with Public Mobile and you are more vulnerable than any of us. Expecting quality; this is the only way that you can raise the quality of Public Mobile and make them responsible for what they provide. Reminder: I cannot send text for last 10 days.

Kiki

@TheGx  Hmmm...I quickly figured out that you could not answer me...you are dismissed lol...

Kiki

Hmmm...maybe I should dummy this down so that you can understand our logic...we cannot  use our phones for calling or texting!!! That is why I started this thread and why I am still posting to this thread 😤

TheGx

@Kiki wrote:

@TheGx PUBLIC MOBILE IS NOT A GOOD DEAL IF YOU CAN’T USE YOUR PHONE FOR CALLING OR TEXTING!!! 

That is the whole reason I started this thread, you are dismissed lol

Maybe I should explain it simply so you can understand, I can use my phone for calling or texting, so that's why Public Mobile is a good deal for me - you can't use your phone for calling or texting, so it's not a good deal for you.  What your problem with this logic?

Kiki

@zfx  I am still waiting patiently for @TheGx  to reply to my post 🙂

Kiki

@zfx Possibly...because it is just that easy to earn rewards 😂

zfx

@Kiki wrote:

@TheGx PUBLIC MOBILE IS NOT A GOOD DEAL IF YOU CAN’T USE YOUR PHONE FOR CALLING OR TEXTING!!! 

Did you just choose your own post as solution ?!?! 😂 LOL

Kiki

Also, I was just awarded the ‘1 Accepted Solution’ reward...see how easy it is to earn ‘rewards’ here? Lol

Kiki

TheGx

@Kiki wrote:

Ohhh...all of a sudden this makes sense about why you would be defending them...because Public Mobile provides you with ‘rewards’ for referring others??

Of course, you don't see the logic in this? I like saving money and getting the best value I can, you don't like saving money or getting the best deal possible?

TheGx

@Kiki wrote:

@TheGx Again, you are missing the point...why have you not yet answered my analogy? 

I mentioned your insurance example already, I already said that Public should compensate for the troubles, is there something more you want?  It's still and accident that doesn't mean the original deal was bad value because the original deal assumes no accidents occuring, which means neither you nor Public anticipated these accidental dropped calls happening.

Furthur to your insurance example, you miss the point that insurance company are there to insure against accidents, not insure that every deal is a good one.

Kiki

Ohhh...all of a sudden this makes sense about why you would be defending them...because Public Mobile provides you with ‘rewards’ for referring others??

TheGx

@Kiki wrote:

@TheGx you are the only person defending Public Mobile in this thread, why is that lol?

Well, isn't it obvious to you and others? I defend Public Mobile because I'm happy with the product and value they provide me, they save me and those I refer to them money while providing exactly the service they agreed to provide. This is obviously not true for those like you who have had dropped calls after 20-25 minutes, dropped calls are not acceptable, but if it happened to me I'd just call the person back or text them to call me back - since most Public plans have unlimited calling anyways, so I don't see it as a huge problem to me, but it is still not an acceptable accident to keep occurring, nor is any accidents acceptable to keep occuring.

Kiki

@TheGx you are the only person defending Public Mobile in this thread, why is that lol?

Kiki

@TheGx Again, you are missing the point...why have you not yet answered my analogy? 

Kiki

@Arman  Well said...I appreciate and can relate to your analogy 👍

TheGx

@Arman wrote:
My Analogy, I bought a car and it stops every 5 minutes or 5 KM (drop Calls). In my case I CANNOT SEND TEXT ( I bought a shiny Cadillac but can not drive it). I am expecting some delay and issue with services but I can not send text for last 10 days and there is no response either. I will switch to another provider as soon as I get money back. (I WILL BUY A MORE RELIABLE CAR). I already file a claim with CRTC. I think we all are expecting a little bit of Quality and reliability from any provider. 10 days waiting time is not acceptable!

As for your analogy about the new shiny car, if you've ever bought a new car you should know that the dealer will never give you refund for what you just explained, they'll just try to fix/repair the problem for you just like Public is doing here with the dropped calls issues.  You can call any dealership to confirm this if you don't believe me.

I agree that any amount of days wating is not acceptable, but it is the reality of how much time it usually takes to sort out accidents, look at how long insurance companies take handling their claims?

Arman
My Analogy, I bought a car and it stops every 5 minutes or 5 KM (drop Calls). In my case I CANNOT SEND TEXT ( I bought a shiny Cadillac but can not drive it). I am expecting some delay and issue with services but I can not send text for last 10 days and there is no response either. I will switch to another provider as soon as I get money back. (I WILL BUY A MORE RELIABLE CAR). I already file a claim with CRTC. I think we all are expecting a little bit of Quality and reliability from any provider. 10 days waiting time is not acceptable!
Need Help? Let's chat.