cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gigs!!!

Triple
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Q;;;

Does ones data carry over if I do not use it all up at the end of my 30 day term???

If not I find that very interesting because at another major phone server provider ,,,which I'm not about to mention their name (TELUS). When you come to the end of the monthly term and you have not used all your data no matter if it 1G you used or 13G you have used what ever you have for data left on the account they take it back from you with no chance of getting it back...

i find that also very interesting because one pays for those G's with cold hard earned cash so they are rightly yours , so this raises my second question. You are getting a two for one with me today,,, you truly are blessed haha. Does that make it stealing when they take those G's back from the people who have straight up paid for them???

i mean are they like a perishable item With an expiry date??

That data has a value!!!

So what they are basically doing is selling you data and at the end of the month they take what you don't use and then resell it to you for you to use at the beginning of your new monthly term... you are paying for the Same Data over and over again. That same data has made them a **bleep** ton of money!!! So is it basically stealing and does that make the huge provider crooked and straight up a criminal???

One could even say that could be called up to a crime against the people or even humanity!!!

Haha just asking!!!

4 REPLIES 4

@ChuckYeah wrote:

edit: I just did a google search and this one came up:

https://www.xploremobile.ca/network-coverage

If you're in a covered area, you can look into it. Disclaimer: I have no idea whether you can expect the service you receive from PM on the Bell/Telus Network. At one time, I thought it was only in Manitoba?

Interesting. Yes they offer "rollover" data, but it actually only goes back 1 month in the fine print. Still an interesting option for Manitoba residents that mostly stay within Manitoba...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Triple 

All Canadian providers are doing the same - unused minutes, texts and data are not rolled over to your next cycle.  

Unused PM plan data qill not rolled over to the next cycle.

But unused data add-on will be rolled over to next cycle until they are all consumed.

@Triple Plan data expires at the end of the plan's term.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Triple No I believe there are providers that provide roll over data, but I don't think there are any in Canada. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Public Mobile's data is by the 30 day cycle, except addons. And when 1GB is $30, and your 1GB plan is $25, it's only used in rare circumstances.

edit: I just did a google search and this one came up:

https://www.xploremobile.ca/network-coverage

If you're in a covered area, you can look into it. Disclaimer: I have no idea whether you can expect the service you receive from PM on the Bell/Telus Network. At one time, I thought it was only in Manitoba?

Need Help? Let's chat.