cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Getting started

@Kitsa 

Koodo and Publicmobile are sister company, your phone will work and the coverage will be the same.

3 differences are

• No VoLTE so to test if it will work well for you force your phone to use only 3g and make calls, for most people this is for an issue bit there are some that have great LTE and poor 3g c coverage.
  • Data is going to be a bit slower, still LTE but bit full speed (again not an issue for anybody I know), on the good side your usage will probably go down a little bit because of optimisation.
  • No call in customer support, if you are fine with this way if support you'll save a lot.

Don't forget to use your friend's referral

I just saw here a post saying this weekend you can get free sim and second month free in Walmart (you can use your friend's referral there too)

Use different email to register to avoid issues as Koodo and Publicmobile share the system, later when your Koodo account shuts down you can change it. You can use email aliases as well works pretty well

If you a with Koodo prepaid you will have to get temporary number and ask moderators to transfer your number

Don't forget to remove your credit card from Koodo system just in case

If your Koodo number gets suspended due to no payment you can still transfer it to Publicmobile since it's in-house move

Hope it helps

Welcome to Publicmobile

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@metropublic Your understanding is correct. Koodo does offer both.

@Kitsa  You have been provided with all the answers by the other community members. Be sure to use a referral code for a $10 sign-up bonus. Applied to your account within 72 hours of activation.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@metropublic 

That's funny you mentioned this because I edited my reply shortly after I posted so you must have seen my original post and not my edited reply: 

"When you activate your new Public Mobile SIM card, do not create a temporary new number (one of the options) if you are coming from a Post-paid plan. 

1. Input your current number - DO NOT create a temporary new number IF you are on a Post-paid plan with Koodo."

But to answer your question, most people I know have been with Koodo or are currently with Koodo and they are all on a postpaid plan. So I was under the assumption that @Kitsa might also be on a postpaid plan as well. 

Highlighted

Koodo is a sister of telus , I was with telus and switched over with no problems,got to keep my old number and they also cancelled my telus devices. Easy sim set up as well.

Highlighted

Why do you specify to use debit for auto top-up? I'm on auto top-up using my credit card and everything went through without a hitch. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@nukememobile wrote:

Why do you specify to use debit for auto top-up? I'm on auto top-up using my credit card and everything went through without a hitch. 

Only Visa, Mastercard, and Amex credit cards work. For debit, only Visa Debit (sometimes Mastercard Debit) works. Regular debit card can't be used.

Need Help? Let's chat.