cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started

Kayla-wx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to activate my Sim card today  went threw the whole process and at the end my tablet died. The payment came off my card but my phone don't work, I can't sign in to my account, my phone tells me my Sim card it locked. 

Please help 

21 REPLIES 21

@Kayla-wx wrote:

Still having trouble getting in to my account 

First, try the account reset function here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/.

If that fails, click this message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue.

Moderator hours are: Monday to Friday, 9 am (ET) to 9 pm (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9 am (ET) - 7:30 pm (ET). Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

Do not send multiple messages. This increases the queue and adds to the time moderators take to locate all your messages..

If you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

Even when you regain access to your account, remember your phone must be unlocked to connect to Public Mobile. It really would be worth the effort to try your SIM in different unlocked phone to decide where the problem lies. All PM SIMs ship unlocked and do not require a code.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

TimeLemon

Have you checked to make sure that your phone is unlocked? There have been some decent resources to make sure posted in this thread. If you have tried everything provided, the next step may be to contact a Mod.

Kayla-wx

Still having trouble getting in to my account 

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kayla-wxDid you get this sorted out yet?

TimeLemon

However regardless of if you created your account you may need to unlock your phone from whatever provider you had last. There are some services online that can do that for you.

Where did you originally purchase your phone? If you bought your phone from your last provider the phone may be locked to them.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kayla-wx wrote:

It's also saying on the top of my screen Sim locked by operator

Even if my phone was locked by a pervious porvitor I should be able to sign in to my account

SIM locked by operator(provider) means your phone is locked to your previous operator/provider.

To confirm that your phone is locked:

Dial *#*#7378423#*#* in phone pad.  If you get an [x] to the left of Network.  Your phone is locked to your previous provider.  Watch the following video for details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8sPV7OUsk4

@Kayla-wx wrote:

It's also saying on the top of my screen Sim locked by operator. 

Even if my phone was locked by a pervious porvitor I should be able to sign in to my account

Well, as long as the phone is locked to your previous provider you are caught in the loop you described on the first page of this thread, no?

@Kayla-wx wrote:

I tired. 

I put in the number I chose and it asked fir a 6didget number from a text but I never got one cause it's not connected to the network 

popping

@Kayla-wx wrote:

I'm using a Sony Xperia 

With the public Mobile Sim card in it and it's saying the Sim card is locked 

The payment is all gone threw and outta my account. But still can't long in to my account 

1.  Is your Xperia screen showing "Public Mobile"?

2.  If you have access to another phone, try the PM SIM card in another phone to eliminate the hardware issue.

3.  I think your phone is locked to your previous provider.  Please post a screenshot of the error message shown on your phone.

Kayla-wx

It's also saying on the top of my screen Sim locked by operator. 

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kayla-wx wrote:

It's saying my public Mobile Sim card is locked 

@Kayla-wx

It must be worded different than what you posted above.....

Kayla-wx

It's saying my public Mobile Sim card is locked 

@Kayla-wx wrote:

My phone is a Sony Xperia 

Its a white screen asking for a pin cause my Sim card is locked 

@Kayla-wx

I would guess that your phone is locked to your previous provider. You'd have to get the unlock code from them.

I think you need to contact a Moderator to get access to your account. You can send them a private message here.

You will need to provide either your Public Mobile:

• Self-Serve username and password, or
    • Phone number and 5 digit verification code that you’ll receive to the number provided
    • If you are unable to verify using the options above, our Moderator Team will share an alternative option we have available for you.

So you know, the current wait time is about 1-2 days.

Kayla-wx

I'm using a Sony Xperia 

With the public Mobile Sim card in it and it's saying the Sim card is locked 

The payment is all gone threw and outta my account. But still can't long in to my account 

Kayla-wx

My phone is a Sony Xperia 

Its a white screen asking for a pin cause my Sim card is locked 

popping

@Kayla-wx wrote:

I tried to activate my Sim card today  went threw the whole process and at the end my tablet died. The payment came off my card but my phone don't work, I can't sign in to my account, my phone tells me my Sim card it locked

Please help 

Which phone are you using?

You said your phone was telling you your SIM card is locked.  Is there any chance that your phone is still locked to your previous provider?  If yes, you can call your previous provider to unlock it for free.

Check your credit card online.  Is there any pending charge by PM?  If yes, you account may already created.

Kayla-wx

I tired. 

I put in the number I chose and it asked fir a 6didget number from a text but I never got one cause it's not connected to the network 

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Kayla-wx Welcome to PM community fortum,if you have any questions you can post here,we can try best solve the problem!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Try the lost password reset to gain access to your account. If that fails, click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue. Moderator hours are: Monday to Friday, 9 am (ET) to 9 pm (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9 am (ET) - 7:30 pm (ET). Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

Do not send multiple messages. This increases the queue and adds to the time moderators take to locate all your messages.

What is make/model of your phone?

What message appears when you reboot the phone with the SIM installed? Your phone may be locked to another carrier.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Did you created a Self Serve Account yet? Click My Account in the top right corner, then select Create An Account.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Need any help? Questions?

Need Help? Let's chat.