cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started is extremely user un-friendly

uugh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Right out of the gate I hit a problem: my email address was "too long".

I have had the same email address for years. It is the only email address I use, and it has never been rejected until today.

After browsing the Get Help section and finding there seems to be no way around this, I just made a new email account. Annoying and unnecessary, but problem solved.

"Invalid SIM"

I bought my SIM card directly from the PM website. There is no reason for it to be invalid.

But apparently this is a common problem, so I followed the steps others have outlined: I cleared my cache, I waited an hour, I tried it in Incognito mode...

"Invalid SIM

Please enter a referral code.

The Self Serve username you have entered is not available. Please try again with a different email address."

Excuse me?

SIM definitely shouldn't be invalid now, I followed all your ridiculous steps.

I did enter a referral code. I'm looking at it right now. There's a green checkmark next to it.

And now my brand new email address is not available and you want me to make another one?

Somebody please explain this mess to me.

6 REPLIES 6

@uugh  If you are getting the invalid SIM card error as soon as you enter the sim card number even after waiting an hour suggests that your account is in a zombie state and needs moderator intervention. Hopefully they will resolve it fairly quickly. Hang in there.

uugh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have messaged the mod team (thank you, @geopublic for that link) so while I wait for a response I'll expand on some things.

I have tried the SIM in my phone. It reads as unregistered.

I have turned off my phone and turned it back on after a rest. No change.

My credit card was not charged, as I did not even have the chance to enter payment information. Though I intend to port over my old number, I didn't reach the prompt for that either.

The issues are occurring on the very first page of the activation procedure. Phone number is step 2, and payment isn't until step 5. It will not let me complete step 1.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K this is some valuable feedback as you are redesigning the activation portal.

Specifically the email address length and the invalid sim issue both appear somewhat regularly.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@uugh try incognito/private mode. try again in an hour if it's still not working

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@uugh did you receive a welcome email from PM and was your credit card charged?  Thanks. Did you port your number? Could you please resart your phone.  Wait 30 seconds and and turn it on. Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@uugh  It appears that you sim has been activated. Did you try the sim in your phone? Does it connect to PM's network. If not, then best to submit a ticket and ask PM to investigate.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.