cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting new number

andreou88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried to port in my old number, but because my account was cancelled with old provider can't. How do i get a new phone number issued?

5 REPLIES 5

andreou88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for help...problem solved...cheers

@andreou88 wrote:

Tried to port in my old number, but because my account was cancelled with old provider can't. How do i get a new phone number issued?

The other opton would to contac the old provider, and if this cancellation was fairly recent, they can actually re-open the old account. If it's been more than a certain time, you would only be able to get the phone number back from them if it has not been issued to a different customer.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

A new number can be chosen at activation if previous account has been closed and number can't be ported. Another number can be chosen every 30 days, if one so chooses.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@andreou88 wrote:

If you already with an account, login your self-serve account.  

Select [Plan and Add-Ons]--> [Change Phone Number] --> [Select a new phone number]

If you are activating a new account, you can also get a new number during the activation process.  https://activate.publicmobile.ca

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@andreou88 wrote:

Logon to your self-serve account and go to Change My Number.

You're permitted to change your number once every 30 days.

More info here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

If you cannot change your number via self-serve, you'll have to contact Moderators for help.

To submit a ticket to Moderators: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

Need Help? Let's chat.