cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting my old phone# back

Mjamac106
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, Public support, 

I'm trying to get my old number back, I have activated a plan  "  pay as you ago"  2 Years ago

the phone is out of service when I dial-in. Is there any way I can get my old number back 

Your help is much appreciated

Thanks, 

Mjamac

10 REPLIES 10

@Mjamac106 

Do you now have an active pm account but with a different number? If so go into your self serve account and search the area that you originally had the number. So if it was Vancouver then search in Vancouver. Choose another area like New Westminster briefly so you can go back to Vancouver to refresh the 5 phone numbers presented. 

Try this to see if you can do it yourself without bothering the CSA's who are quite busy at the moment. Try for a few days at least. Then if you have no success ask customer support for help. They may be more willing to bend the rules if you show you have made a valiant effort on your own.

Mjamac106

@Maire

The phone is a  Public my mobile number.  Area  code  647-776-xxxx

I have tried calling it put is not in service, I will try my luck with customer support  to resolve this issue 

Thanks, 

Mjamac106

Thanks, everyone  for the information,

I will try to open a ticket with Public mobile support, and maybe get the phone number  back 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mjamac106 

forget about no way you will getting back if your account is not Activated,

Reactivate a suspended plan (publicmobile.ca)

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Mjamac106 wrote:

Hi, Public support, 

I'm trying to get my old number back, I have activated a plan  "  pay as you ago"  2 Years ago

the phone is out of service when I dial-in. Is there any way I can get my old number back 

Your help is much appreciated

Thanks, 

Mjamac

@Mjamac106 

Are you sure your account was with Public Mobile?

PM plans are prepaid, not pay as you go.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Mjamac106 

First you would have to make sure it's originally a telus family number. If so and it's not already assigned you would need to search for it either in your self serve account or if you're not a new customer yet then perhaps in a friend's pm self serve account.

If you are a "yes" on the first two requirements and you want to take advantage of the black Friday deal you can activate on a new phone number and then spend 15 or 20 minutes each morning while you have coffee searching for your old number or something really close or something really cool. You can change your number up to 4 times per 30 days.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If it was Telus family number earlier then you can try with the same city it was registered to earlier. Chances are slim but you can try multiple times.

@Mjamac106 wrote:

Hi, Public support, 

Please note that you aren't speaking to Public Mobile support by posting a message here.

As for your question, I know you might not want to read this, but retreiving your old number after this amount time is extremely unlikely.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mjamac106 

It depends on when your phone was out of service but it sounds like you ported out 2 years ago.

Once your number is released, there is a 90 days hold on your number before it is given out to a new customer.

If it is within the 90 days, you can contact the PM CS Agent.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mjamac106   

everyone here on this forum are customer only.  If you need proper support, you will have to open a ticket. But CS Agent won't help to assign the number.

was the old number from Public Mobile or Telus? (if the number is not from Telus/Koodo/PM, then you are in the wrong place, you need to go back and check with the carrier who owns the number)

did you try to call the number and confirm that the number is not already taken ?

Honest, there is no way to get it back other then you keep trying..  when you activate or change number, they will give you a set of number and you need to keep refresh until you see the number you want.  

yes, it is a combination or luck and effort.. lot of effort

if you decide to go ahead, give us the area and the first 3 digits and we can tell you which city to pick  as your number belongs to one specific city and you have to select that right one for it to possibly show up

Need Help? Let's chat.