cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting 'invalid sim' trying to setup new account using SIM from previous phone on PM 9 months ago.

Robert5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We have a SIM we haven't used for about 9 months, the phone broke, the number is gone and Iour account is gone- that is fine.  Now we have a new phone and are wanting to use the SIM in it - but can't get past new account setup - it is saying 'invalid sim' in various browsers and incognito etc.

Any help appreciated.

Rob

11 REPLIES 11

Robert5

quite browser and used different email - and it seemed to work.

Thanks all.

@Anonymous wrote:

(yoink...did this get moved? 🙂 )

possibly

This is about a new activation, and not about the self serve system.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Robert5 wrote:

yes- I am copy/pasting - when I enter it I get the check mark - just returns error when I submit account.

Try waiting about an hour. And then either a different browser or incognito/privacy mode or clear cache/site cookies.

(yoink...did this get moved? 🙂 )

Robert5

yes- I am copy/pasting - when I enter it I get the check mark - just returns error when I submit account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Robert5 wrote:

No - I have an active account - this is my son's that we are replacing. Tx.

Check the characters oh's and zero's etc. Or use the link from the active account. Or copy/paste the code from the active account.

Robert5

No - I have an active account - this is my son's that we are replacing. Tx.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Robert5 wrote:

Thanks,

I just bought a new sim, hoping to get a referral - put my number in and it wont accept that.

'Please enter a referral code.' (I have my code in there for sure)

How can I get past this? I am unable to create this account.

If you're trying to use your old referral code from your now deactivated account...you can't.

Robert5

Thanks,

I just bought a new sim, hoping to get a referral - put my number in and it wont accept that.

'Please enter a referral code.' (I have my code in there for sure)

How can I get past this? I am unable to create this account.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Robert5 wrote:

We have a SIM we haven't used for about 9 months, the phone broke, the number is gone and Iour account is gone- that is fine.  Now we have a new phone and are wanting to use the SIM in it - but can't get past new account setup - it is saying 'invalid sim' in various browsers and incognito etc.

Any help appreciated.

Rob

Hi @Robert5 as posted above by @computergeek541 and @Anonymous , sim card is not reusable.  You have to buy another sim card.  Check out Canadian Cell Supplies  Public Mobile sim cards are on sale for $2.99.  I ordered one and got it in 5 business days.  I hope this helps.  

Welcome back to Public Mobile!  Cheers!  1

@Robert5 wrote:

Any help appreciated.

Rob

Sorry, but sim cards can't be reused. You'll have to get a new one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Robert5 wrote:

Any help appreciated.

Rob

You can't re-use a spent SIM. You need a new one.

Need Help? Let's chat.