cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an account started

GeraldHenri
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have set up my account no problem. My wife also got a sim card and activated her phone

at the same time. She has been trying to set up her account and under step 1 it does not want to accept the code supplied by Public. We have tried with 3 different codes and the same non result. Any suggestion on how to deal with ths? We both have different account no. and different phone no.s but I am paying with auto debit on credit card for both phones. 

10 REPLIES 10

@darlicious  That's what I was thinkin' it MIGHT be, but then 4hrs. have passed, and the OP is nowhere to be found..... I'm thinkin' he either got it workin', or gave up on using the code(IF that's what he was talking about in the first place)......

@CannonFodder wrote:

Maybe it would help if @GeraldHenri  told us which code he's referring to..... I read the post as though he meant the refer-a-friend code that his successfully created account would've generated, which he's trying to use, to give the wife's account the $10 credit, plus $1/month(30 days) credit for his account??? 🤔 

@CannonFodder  Thats entirely possible with the capital O and zero or capital I and one getting the code all mixed up so it wont accept it?

scorpio17
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Do you mean 6-digit code here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/ ?

If yes - try incognito mode or another browser/device.

Without result - send message to moderators: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@GeraldHenri wrote:

I have set up my account no problem. My wife also got a sim card and activated her phone

at the same time. She has been trying to set up her account and under step 1 it does not want to accept the code supplied by Public. We have tried with 3 different codes and the same non result. Any suggestion on how to deal with ths? We both have different account no. and different phone no.s but I am paying with auto debit on credit card for both phones. 

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

Maybe it would help if @GeraldHenri  told us which code he's referring to..... I read the post as though he meant the refer-a-friend code that his successfully created account would've generated, which he's trying to use, to give the wife's account the $10 credit, plus $1/month(30 days) credit for his account??? 🤔 

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try typing the code @GeraldHenri . Don't cut and paste it. Welcome to the community.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@GeraldHenri 

Try clearing your browser cache/cookies. Or try Incognito mode. Or a different browser.

And, if needed, allow some time for server-side to catch up between attempts. 5-10 minutes should be more than enough but you can wait a full hour to be sure.

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If your wife is trying to set up her account on the same browser you set up yours, try a different browser.  You might have to wait an hour before you try again, though.

@GeraldHenri  Or are you having trouble setting up your wife's self serve account?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@GeraldHenri 

Just to clarify.... you have activated a SIM card and your phone is working?  You want to set up a self service account?

Did you activate at home or in store?  If you activated at home, you already created a self service account and you choose your password already.  If you activated in store, then you will need to activate a self service account at home, which involves getting a text from PM.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@GeraldHenri  Do you mean the SIM card number? There is a lock out of about one hour before you can try to start again. Wait it out then start by clearing your browser and using secret/incognito mode in Firefox or chrome ad they work best. This should allow an easier activation. Don't forget to use your referral code from your new account in the referral code box halfway down the first page. And separate email addresses for each account.

Need Help? Let's chat.