cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting alert "Please enter a valid SIM number."

EGOAT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. When I try to enter my sim number to make an account, I get an alert saying "Please enter a valid SIM number." My brother has used this sim number on his phone before he gave it to me. Would that be the issue or is there a different issue going on?

Screenshot 2021-03-29 4.25.08 PM.png

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

@EGOAT 

Dial 611 from the phone with the sim inserted. If it connects it will give you your brothers basic account details. If it doesn't then his account has been deactivated and the sim is useless.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@EGOAT 

Your brother's SIM card number is tied to his email and phone IMEI number.

So this is probably the issue so you will need to buy a new PM SIM.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@EGOAT 

Did your brother port the number he was using on that SIM when he was with Public Mobile service to another mobile provider?

-OR-

Was the SIM last used with Public Mobile more than 90 days ago.

If so to either, the SIM card he was using is completely unusable.   

You'll need to buy another Public Mobile SIM card through the many retailers near you to activate a Public Mobile account.  Look here for Stores near you (publicmobile.ca)

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@EGOAT :Did your brother account at Public expire or get closed? If so his SIM won't work anymore and you have to buy new as the Oracle above said.

But if your brother have you an active SIM account you can just put it in your phone and it will work.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@EGOAT wrote:

Hi. When I try to enter my sim number to make an account, I get an alert saying "Please enter a valid SIM number." My brother has used this sim number on his phone before he gave it to me. Would that be the issue or is there a different issue going on?

Thanks

@EGOAT   Was/is your brother's account active when he gave you his SIM?  If his number is still active with the SIM then you just need to insert it in your phone and reboot the phone or toggle airplane mode on/off.  However, if his account was deactivated then that SIM is useless as already suggested.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EGOAT : If there's still an active account behind that SIM then just take over the account. But if it's from elsewhere or has become deactivated then you can't use it here.

@EGOAT wrote:

Thanks

Sorry, but SIM cards cannot be re-used. You will need to purchase a new one.

Need Help? Let's chat.