cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started/ Planning ahead

Darren_M
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got a HTC Raider from a Freind, (for a Friend to use on this Network - SIM CARD REMOVED)
I Ordered a TP-SDCard - and waiting for it to come......Order 178708 though I think all I got was a Notification via Email.

HURDLE 1

link: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/
I believe my username is Darren_M and I know my email address is Correct?!
I also try with just my email address 

***Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address.***
I verified my email address with the link provided in the email PM Sent me, when registering .

-Fixing this 1st - Might help with Not Making Future Mistakes -
IE: Not Registering with the Community and Creating an Account with 2 Different Email Addresses.  

Well, perhaps that's not going to be my 1st Hurdle
If so -Hopefully, it will be but the last for a Long Time!

Next I see that to Sign UP for an Account -I need:

Need To Create an Account?

Setting up your self serve account allows you to easily make payments, change your plan, select add-ons, and more.

You'll need:

• An Email Address
  • Your Public Mobile Phone Number

SInce this Phone was from a Friend, and he's using the same Phone # - Is P.M. going to assign me a Number or Give me a List of Available #'s; and is there going to be an Exchange that will not be L.D. for Incoming Calls. 

*Which was a bit of a Problem with Koodo for me in N.S.*

I'd like to know/see more of what the Process and Options are with PM.

I am hoping this Phone will not be Locked - but trying to prepare for the worst!
Don't suppose there might be a way to get it unlocked without going through the Previous Carrier?

Just another thought is:
Why can't PM come up with just a Basic Service for Cell Phones with JUST TALK...
I have 2 FLIP Phones - which cannot be used.  and I'm Not Interested in Surfing the Net!  I Don't even TEXT MESSAGE.... GRRRR
Koodo also offered more minutes instead of the Texting Option!

Thanks Everyone, I'll try to keep you updated on things!

Well, I think the Prices are somewhat Reasonable- but Not all the Bells and Whistles are going to be used. and as far as I know it's just ADD-On's that CARRY OVER.

12 REPLIES 12

@Darren_M wrote:

RE: Hurdle 1

I also get a message everytime I try to Post or Reply

***Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.***

Yet; I make NO CORECTIONS and it Posts the 2nd Attempt.

I have had this happen before, when I'm adding HTML or switching between text and html. I think the site removes the offending HTML code and then when you repost it works fine.

Darren_M

OK I guess I figured this out -
When I'm "Logged In" to the Community - "MY ACCOUNT" at the Top this Page, is to Actually "Sign In" to the PM Account which is Seperate from the Community - but a Direct Link to go to you Self-Serve Account.....    

Hope I'll get this next thing figured out.... with the Create an Account and Using a Phone # when I don't yet have one to use?
Or was it already Suggested that When I Activate/Register the SIM = I'll be Issued a Phone # or Allowed to Select a # - that will not be Long Distance .

@Darren_M wrote:

Thanks for Presenting some Options for Plans.
I was leaning towards the $15.00 Plan or SUGGESTING IT TO MY FRIEND, CAUSE I KNOW HE CAN TALK and FREE INCOMING can fill this ORDER!   Haaa Haaaa Heeeee

Oh yes, that'll work for incoming:)  plus you can still get the $5/500 mins to supplement the plan outgoing mins.

Darren_M

Thanks for Presenting some Options for Plans.
I was leaning towards the $15.00 Plan or SUGGESTING IT TO MY FRIEND, CAUSE I KNOW HE CAN TALK and FREE INCOMING can fill this ORDER!   Haaa Haaaa Heeeee

Darren_M

Thanks, 
I am pretty sure that the SIM Card that was Removed was 4G LTE so I don't think there's any Problem with that.

Also I understand about the CDMA Phone's now Absolete.

Darren_M

RE: Hurdle 1

I am getting Email Notifications with Responses from the Public Mobile Community- 
I am  Currently Signed In -when I click on the Browser in my PC;
Yet, Everytime I click on "My Account" I'm Promted to Sign in- and Cant!

Yes, I"m Pretty Sure I've Got a PM Community Membership.  this is also my 2nd Post.

I also get a message everytime I try to Post or Reply

***Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.***

Yet; I make NO CORECTIONS and it Posts the 2nd Attempt.

@GinYVR wrote:

@Darren_MThe email you used to order the SIM card does not mean you have setup a selfserve accountv yet. If you are using Public Mobile's SIM card purchasing system, it is actually farmed out to Shopify. It has nothing to do with the actual account setup.

If you activate the SIM online when you get it, that process will set up your self serve account. Best to use the same email you set up this "Community" account with so that your community rewards get applied properly if you decide to help others once you get set up. 

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@dabr is correct. The $10 plan is set to be removed on Oct. 4th, so as long as you get it before then, you can keep it beyond that date.

@ChuckYeah   I just noticed the date has been pushed up to the Oct. 7th for some reason.  I just wish they would keep it permanently.  Oh well:)

@dabr is correct. The $10 plan is set to be removed on Oct. 4th, so as long as you get it before then, you can keep it beyond that date.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Darren_M   If you are only interested in the basic talk plan only, you should look into PM's $10 plan that has 50 minutes total incoming/outgoing, 50 outgoing texts and unlimited incoming texts.  You can then purchase the $5/500 Canada wide minutes add-ons to ensure there was enough talk time, which stay on the account until used up. This plan is due to be phased out on Oct. 7th, so it would be a good idea to sign up for it before then to be grandfathered in. 

Of course, the $15 plan offers great value too with the add-ons for basic talk/text and a little data.

For calling you need 3g for PM. Only one model is 3g compatible so you need the Rogers 4G model and you will have to have Rogers unlock it. It "might" be easier for your friend to do so if you have never had an account with them.

htcraider.PNG

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Darren_MThe email you used to order the SIM card does not mean you have setup a selfserve accountv yet. If you are using Public Mobile's SIM card purchasing system, it is actually farmed out to Shopify. It has nothing to do with the actual account setup.

Need Help? Let's chat.