cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Getting Old Public Mobile Number Back

Hello,

I used to have a number with Public Mobile (2019).  It is inactive at moment, is there anyway I can get that specific number back?  How do I proceed? I don't mind paying an extra fee for this. 

Thanks!

Mayor / Maire

Re: Getting Old Public Mobile Number Back

@beepig- There is currently no way to request a number.  You can select from among a list of available numbers, but there is no mechanism to get it.  I doubt that the moderators could even do that.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can contact a moderator and ask but I also highly doubt they will be able to do that but there is no harm in asking so here is how to contact a moderator 🙂 Hope this helps 

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Mayor / Maire

@beepig  At signup. When you first get option to pick a number. The system gives you a custom option to try and select the last 4 digits. Note after you sign up and if you wanted to change your number this option of trying to select last 4 digits is not possible.

You can try that route to see if it is offered to you by the last 4 digits. Otherwise you'd likely be out of luck as @abTest mentioned. 

Once the number is gone it goes back to the old provider that the number came from to their pool.

Do note. If you are joining you need a brand new sim card (you can't use your old one). Also don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the information.

I went and got a new SIM card, and trying to activate it now... it keeps giving me a timeout now after I choose the number and try to go to last steps....,

Any solutions to this?

Mayor / Maire

@beepig wrote:

I went and got a new SIM card, and trying to activate it now... it keeps giving me a timeout now after I choose the number and try to go to last steps....,

Did you have any success with this? I would recommend trying a different browser, clearing cache/cookies / using private browser/incognito mode... Until your credit card has been charged, the activation has not completed so you should be able to start over after waiting an hour or so...

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think that you can only choose the last four digits, but I also think you should ask a mod to help you out with this. 

Need Help? Let's chat.