cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Old Public Mobile Number Back

beepig
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I used to have a number with Public Mobile (2019).  It is inactive at moment, is there anyway I can get that specific number back?  How do I proceed? I don't mind paying an extra fee for this. 

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think that you can only choose the last four digits, but I also think you should ask a mod to help you out with this. 

@beepig wrote:

I went and got a new SIM card, and trying to activate it now... it keeps giving me a timeout now after I choose the number and try to go to last steps....,

Did you have any success with this? I would recommend trying a different browser, clearing cache/cookies / using private browser/incognito mode... Until your credit card has been charged, the activation has not completed so you should be able to start over after waiting an hour or so...

beepig

Thanks for the information.

I went and got a new SIM card, and trying to activate it now... it keeps giving me a timeout now after I choose the number and try to go to last steps....,

Any solutions to this?

@beepig  At signup. When you first get option to pick a number. The system gives you a custom option to try and select the last 4 digits. Note after you sign up and if you wanted to change your number this option of trying to select last 4 digits is not possible.

You can try that route to see if it is offered to you by the last 4 digits. Otherwise you'd likely be out of luck as @Anonymous mentioned. 

Once the number is gone it goes back to the old provider that the number came from to their pool.

Do note. If you are joining you need a brand new sim card (you can't use your old one). Also don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

Brittybaby

You can contact a moderator and ask but I also highly doubt they will be able to do that but there is no harm in asking so here is how to contact a moderator 🙂 Hope this helps 

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@beepig- There is currently no way to request a number.  You can select from among a list of available numbers, but there is no mechanism to get it.  I doubt that the moderators could even do that.

Need Help? Let's chat.