cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a free 1GB data bonus for 6 months email

Jennalynn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am hoping to have someone help me out here.  I just got an email from public "Get a free 1GB data bonus for 6 months" saying I have to activate between the 23rd and 25th of June to get this promo..I just joined Public last night, the 22nd, just activated..then they send me this email...so, does anyone know if I can get the promo, or am I just going to be told too bad, for a matter of hours?  I did ask the moderator, got HIREN, who simply said too bad.  and then hung up on me when I asked for further help contacting someone..very rude.

Thank you for your advice, very much appreciated..

Jenna

9 REPLIES 9

Jennalynn

Thank you for your message!  Yes, it was bad timing for sure!  I will ask the mods and see what happens here. Thank you:)

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jennalynn the online chat staff can only help with activations and related questions, so they are not the right place to ask. Nevertheless, that rep wasn't very professional...

Also, promotional emails are sent to everyone who subscribed to the mailing list, so in your case it was just bad timing lol

The mods here will definitely be more willing to help. Hopefully they'll be able to give you a satisfying answer, good luck! 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jennalynn  Click here for the promo details. You can still register an email and take advantage of the promo by signing up as new customer by July 10th.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Based on the fine print, sorry @Jennalynn you aren't eligible Screenshot (2).png

Jennalynn

Hello!

Thank you so much for your response.  I will try your suggestion to contact the moderator team.  I did start a ticket, but it did not seem to fill correctly. 

As for the on line live chat with agent HIREN, here was how I was answered;

"I just became a member last night, and this morning I got an email from Public telling me 'Get a free 1GB data bonus for 6 months.' if I activate today!  So I asked the online help, I got Hiren who was unhelpful and dismissive.
[14:57] Jenna
I just got an email from Public for a promotion of 1gb free data for the next 6 months if I "activate" my email between the 23rd and 25th of this month. I JUST became a member yesterday, I just activated my account last night..is this a joke? Am I included in this promition? Or do I not get it simply because I activated last night instead of today?
You are now chatting with Hiren

[15:08] Hiren
Hi Jenna! How can I help?
[15:08] Jenna
Hello, please see my question above
Unfortunately not
[15:08] Jenna
So I miss out because I activated yesterday you mean?
Yes
[15:09] Jenna
wow...that is ridiculous. So why did they send me that email then?
[15:09] Hiren
No idea
[15:09] Jenna
Who would I ask? someone is in charge with this stuff right?
[15:11] Jenna
hello?
Chat ended by agent, (they hung up on me), VERY RUDE.
I will try to send a private message and see what they say.  Many thanks again for your help.:)  It is very appreciated!  All the Best!

@gblackma Anticipate PM becoming firmer on issues related to just missing deals/refunds. So, offer moderator contact info but think it best to include a "disclaimer". My offer came to an email used on a 5 year old account! 🤔

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Jennalynn Got the same message; while not clear virtually certain it means opening a new account. Don't try to use the email address associated with an active account.

I read the directions to mean register your email address by the 25'th and activate by July 10.

Just looked more carefully: "Offer available to new customers who submit their email address".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jennalynn wrote:

Hello,

I am hoping to have someone help me out here.  I just got an email from public "Get a free 1GB data bonus for 6 months" saying I have to activate between the 23rd and 25th of June to get this promo..I just joined Public last night, the 22nd, just activated..then they send me this email...so, does anyone know if I can get the promo, or am I just going to be told too bad, for a matter of hours?  I did ask the moderator, got HIREN, who simply said too bad.  and then hung up on me when I asked for further help contacting someone..very rude.

Thank you for your advice, very much appreciated..

Jenna

@Jennalynn   What time last night did you sign up?  Because if it was after midnight ET then you should qualify.  You can submit a message to Moderator_Team and ask them to clarify since you've received an email message from PM.  Here is the linke to send a private message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Jennalynn  sorry but that promotion is for new customers only. But since you signed up on the 22nd, and they sent you the email. There's no guarantee that it will work, but contact the moderators and ask them about it. 

There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

FMI. What number did you call to talk to Hiram The PM moderator? Could you please post it?  Everthing is online here. Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.