cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated with Account set up

Rick1950
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi:

I set up my account and then my community account. 

When I went from there I was asked for my ID (Email ) and PW. Now it tells me they can't find it. What do I do???????

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

@Helpershelper wrote:

I had my account setup in a mall close to me that sold PM SIM cards. They can always properly set that up for you.

This customer has already signed up. Stores cannot assist existing Public Mobile customers. They do have access to customer accounts.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I had my account setup in a mall close to me that sold PM SIM cards. They can always properly set that up for you.

@Rick1950 wrote:

I got the confirmation of the community set up But nothing from the account.

Everything was going well till I wanted to keep my old number. Then it redirected me to the community to see how to do that.

I must admit this is the hardest time I have ever had in changing phone providers. 😞

And not being able to talk with anyone doesn't help

Did you get a text for setting up your account and activating your SIM?  For know forget about your Community account and make sure you have access to “My Account”. I hope you did not  do a typo on your email account. Do you have your Public Mobile Sim installed and does your phone work for inbound and outbound calls. Did you port a number in?

@Rick1950 

For a port request follow my instructions as above with "port request" in the subject line. Include  with your description:

1. Your pm account ph#, pin #, email, name and address on account.
  2. The phone # to be ported, account #, name on account, provider (optional )

@Rick1950 

If Simon gives you a hard time Seneca private message by adding Moderator_team to the address, add new account password not accepted to the subject line and include the following:

1. Full name and address on account, phone # and pin #, email.
  2. If you do not remember your pin# you will need to include some of the following:
  3. D.O.B., alternate phone # if any, last payment amount, type, last 4 digits, date paid.
  4. Renewal day, plan amount, recent purchases or plan changes, add ons, autopay y/n?
  5. Security question and answer, activation date, frequently called/texted phone #'s

Describe your issue including any important information or details. If you include all the necessary information there will be less need to message back and forth. The moderator will reset your password with a temporary one and send it to you (or resolve the issue your having). Ask for a review link once your finished to rate your customer service experience.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. Currently response times are longer than the usual 2 hours averaging between 4 and 8 hours depending on your issue and could take up to 48 hours.

Rick1950

Thanks. I will try Chrome

Hi @Rick1950 ,

Sorry to hear of the troubles. 😞

Do you currently have working Public Mobile services on your phone (calling/texting in and out)?

Activate your self serve account with link below. 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rick1950 To keep your old number contact the moderators as suggested using "port request" as the subject. Once your account has been created only the moderators can initiate a transfer. 
Use your old SIM until it stops working; do not close your old account. 

Rick1950

Thanks

Rick1950

I got the confirmation of the community set up But nothing from the account.

Everything was going well till I wanted to keep my old number. Then it redirected me to the community to see how to do that.

I must admit this is the hardest time I have ever had in changing phone providers. 😞

And not being able to talk with anyone doesn't help

If your email is not working and you did create an account, contact the moderators.

To contact the Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1-Click the question mark on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot.

esjliv_0-1600541699134.png

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

OR

2-Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Rick1950 wrote:

I did and that is when they said it didn't recognize my email

Can you confirm you have the correct email. Look in your email to confirm you received

the welcome message from PM when you created your account.

@Rick1950 

Contact the moderators this happens occasionally.  they will help reset your password.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also clear your cache and cookies then reboot.  If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right corner.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Did you actually complete creating your self serve "My Account"?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Rick1950

I did and that is when they said it didn't recognize my email

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Rick1950 ,

Can you try the "forgot your password" option for your self serve My Account?

Need Help? Let's chat.