cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends cannot call my number

gravies
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Recently joined PM and everything went great except that friends can't call my number or sometimes can't text. Iam able to send texts and call friends. I did recently cancel my former provider (Bell) before joining so I'm assuming that has something to do with this. Does anyone know a way arround this issue?

11 REPLIES 11

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gravies  - Since your BELL Account has been reactivated it is now a waiting game.  Mederators seem to be a bit backloged this week.

gravies

Thank you! I'm unable to to do that through selfserve because I already requested a transfer when I first signed up with PM, but that was after I cancelled my Bell account. I messaged a moderator so hopefull they are able to sort it out soon.

@gravies you will have to contact the moderators with your updated information  send your info to the moderators here

@gravies wrote:

I have phoned Bell and they have re-activated my account and agreed to the port transfer for my phone number. Is it now a matter of waiting for PM/Telus to agree to it? How long would it take?

@gravies  You can go into your selfserve account online and select the Change Phone Number option and setup the port by providing the Bell account number, Name on Bell account and the Bell phone number.  Unless you already have requested the port through the Moderator. Selfserve is much faster!

gravies

I have phoned Bell and they have re-activated my account and agreed to the port transfer for my phone number. Is it now a matter of waiting for PM/Telus to agree to it? How long would it take?

@gravies wrote:

Hi @geopublic , what happened is that I lost my phone with the old sim card so I'm using a new phone with the PM sim card. I'm new to this so unfortunately I cancelled my Bell account before porting my number over to PM. Is there any chance of getting my old number back or do I just have to accept that I will need a new number?

@gravies  The only way would be to re-activate you bell account until you port out the number to Public Mobile and then the bell account will automatically close. 

gravies

Hi @geopublic , what happened is that I lost my phone with the old sim card so I'm using a new phone with the PM sim card. I'm new to this so unfortunately I cancelled my Bell account before porting my number over to PM. Is there any chance of getting my old number back or do I just have to accept that I will need a new number?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@gravies wrote:

Hello,

Recently joined PM and everything went great except that friends can't call my number or sometimes can't text. Iam able to send texts and call friends. I did recently cancel my former provider (Bell) before joining so I'm assuming that has something to do with this. Does anyone know a way arround this issue?

@gravies Try using your old Bell sim card in your phone. Can you make calls out? If yes, ask your friends to try calling you again. Can you receive their calls? If yes, it means that the port hasn't completed yet. Just continue to use the Bell card until it stops working. Once that happens then start using your PM card and you should be good.

If your Bell card is not working then please let us know and we can discuss next steps.

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you port your number?  Or did you cancel your old account from Bell before trying to port?

If you ported your number and your current Public Mobile account is now active, you should have no problem getting calls and texts.  

Now if you cancelled your Bell account before trying to port, you might have a problem and might get issued a new number

Now if you ported properly and can't get texts or calls from friends, tell them to add a +1 before your area code (in their directories).  That solved it for me last time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gravies  Did you transfer (port) your old BELL number to Public Mobile?  If so, the fact that you had already cancelled your plan with Bell means that the transfer cannot go through.  That's why you would not be able to receive calls/texts on your old number.  Unless you can get Bell to reinstate the number to you, you might be stuck with a new number (you would need to change your numnber through the self serve portal).  If you can get your number back with Bell , you can then ask the moderator team to attempt the transfer again for you.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@graviesHow recent as recent? If it is more than 24 hours you will need to message the moderators to get it sorted out.

Need Help? Let's chat.