cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend referral

BevyBoo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I referred a friend to public mobile recently. When she activated her public mobile account, she used my phone number instead of my code. Can I still be credited for referring my friend?

8 REPLIES 8

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don’t think so I think you have to either use the link or the referral code

Chichi85
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A referral code must be applied going forth. Please contact a moderator 

Dev2094
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Nope you won't get referral bonus from phone numbers anymore. You need referral code. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@BevyBoo 

It is possible.  Your friend would have to contact moderator with your referral code to get the rewards adjusted.  Then your friend would get $10 credit while you woiuld get $1/month credit as long as your friend stays with Public mobile.  

@arahmanfahad wrote:

After July 24th the phone numbers can’t be used as a referral number, so u won’t get any reward for it.

You're right that ther is no refer-a-friend reward for the referrer (or $10 credit for the new referred customer) if only the phone number is used, but it goes further than that.  If you try to enter a phone number as the referral code, the activation rejects it and gives an error message.

@arahmanfahad wrote:

After July 24th the phone numbers can’t be used as a referral number, so u won’t get any reward for it.

The way I read it, if the new customer contacts the moderators with the referal code...they might be able to add it then.

arahmanfahad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@BevyBoo wrote:

I referred a friend to public mobile recently. When she activated her public mobile account, she used my phone number instead of my code. Can I still be credited for referring my friend?

Question

Answer

Does this impact any of my existing referrals that entered my phone number?

If you already have referrals that came from sharing phone numbers, you will continue to keep your referral credits. No referrals will be removed from accounts as a direct result of the new referral codes.

After July 24th, can my friend still use my phone number during activation to get a referral?

After July 24th, phone numbers will no longer be used for referrals. A referral code must be used to register a referral moving forward.

I have a referral reward that I’m missing. When I reach out to a Moderator about this after July 24th, am I using my friend’s phone number or code?

If you are missing a reward and reporting it, starting July 24, you will need to share your friend’s referral code with the Moderator assisting your case. 

I referred someone and didn’t get my credit. What should I do?

Please reach out to the person you referred and have them contact a Moderator with your referral code, and they will be happy to assist.

What is the policy around sharing my referral code in the Community?

Unsolicited sharing of referral codes will be considered spam.

Need Help? Let's chat.