cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend new PM activation but no service

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

A friend of mine went into London Drugs to get a PM SIM and they activated it for him.

Here where the problem lies, he didn’t reply to the porting text from Telus until 4 hours later and he got another Telus text this morning at 9:00. He replied with YES at 9:05 and swapped the Telus SIM without powering off.

He called me this afternoon and said he doesn’t have service during this whole time. I told him to power off the phone and wait a few minutes then power up the phone…no service. So I told him to create a Community account and create a ticket.

I coached him over the landline because he is not computer literate to create an Community account but when he entered his email address. It said his email address is not valid. This maybe because his email address is a Hotmail account but not sure.

I tried everything I could think of but maybe someone can help get his PM SIM working.

Now I know how frustrated he gets when he missed a step and I feel bad because I recommended PM to him because his old Telus plan is not very good.

15 REPLIES 15

@esjliv @Anonymous 

He has a unlocked Redmi Note 7 and it has a dual SIM tray. 
I thought it was the other SIM slot but it wasn’t the issue.

Bottom line is that he is happy with PM so far. He was panicking because he is planning to do a biking trip to Vernon, BC.

My friend finally got his PM service working this morning at 7:00am. Thanks to the PM CSAgent for helping him complete the porting.

@computergeek541 

He finally created a Community account by going on incognito. He created a ticket and waiting to hear back.

Apparently, he said it was a recording on the 1-877 number and hung up.

Just have to wait for the CSA to contact him back.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@computergeek541 

He decided to go back to LD not my suggestion but I will tell him not to call the 1-877 number yet.

He is trying to create a Community account and have the CSAgent help him.

I called him cell number just now and it indicates “UV1 number is not in service” recording.

Your friend's outgoing calls, outgoing text messages, and data should have been fully working at Public Mobile.  The CSA needs to fix that first if there's an account provisioning issue.  The people at the Porting Team could help after that, but as there will already be an open dialog with a Public Mobile CSA at that point, I would suggest to let the CSA handle the numbrer porting. 

As for the message about the number not being in service, that obviously should not happen.  My fear about getting the Porting Team involved was about if the Telus Mobility service was still working and the transfer completed before the Public Mobile account was fixed.

@computergeek541 

He decided to go back to LD not my suggestion but I will tell him not to call the 1-877 number yet.

He is trying to create a Community account and have the CSAgent help him.

I called him cell number just now and it indicates “UV1 number is not in service” recording.

@BKNS27 wrote:

Update, my friend came back from LD and they told him that they only sell and activate the SIM for him and it is a PM porting issue.

I gave him the 1-877 porting number to call.

Waiting to hear back to see if the porting is fixed.

Good thing his landline is still working. LoL

Stores do not help with support issues.  All members:  Please do not advise customers to go back to retail locations for account issues.

The Porting Team cannot fix an issue such as the Public Mobile service compeltely not working as that's not a porting issue.   Unfortunately, the advice about calling Porting Team is actually harmful.  Your friend should not contact the people at the Telus Porting Team (at least not right now).  If they compelte the number port, the number will be sent to a non-working Public Mobile service.  The Public Mobile account issue needs to be fixed first, and that's something that the porting team cannot possibly do.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous 

The Telus Porting Team cannot fix a Public Mobile no service issue.  In fact, having them complete a port (if it hasn't already hasn't been) is the last thing a customer would want because this would cause the customer to lose service at the original carrier and it would also would transfer the number to a non-functional Public Mobile service.

@computergeek541 

is what i mean about it the fail processing transfer and maybe they can do it again but maybe the can't receive the SMS again.. but if try to call them the will re processing the transfer..

BKNS's friend's service isn't working at all. That isn't a number porting issue. While I do agree that there could possibly be an issue causing the number porting not to have been completed, that is unrelated to the Public Mobile service not working at all.  The customer needs to first get the Public Mobile service working issue working, and as a Public Mobile CSA could possibly be needed for that, there's no point at contacting the Telus Porting Team at this moment.

As I mentioned earlier, calling the Telus Porting Team and having them compelte an incomplete number port (if it hasn't already been completed) is actually the worst possible thing that could happen for the customer at this point. It would mean that the Telus service would stop working (if it hasnt already) and the number would be at a Public Mobile when the service is working at all. Completing a numbe port would not make the Public Mobile service work.

This type of Public Mobile account problem that can occur during activation is a pretty good example of why Public Mobile isn't in favor of the Porting Team number being shared on this message board.  The Porting Team cannot fix an issue such as this and they were receiving many phone calls from customers about issues that they weren't able to address.

Update, my friend came back from LD and they told him that they only sell and activate the SIM for him and it is a PM porting issue.

I gave him the 1-877 porting number to call.

Waiting to hear back to see if the porting is fixed.

Good thing his landline is still working. LoL

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

My friend told me he is going back to LD and let them complete the porting process.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous 

The Telus Porting Team cannot fix a Public Mobile no service issue.  In fact, having them complete a port (if it hasn't already hasn't been) is the last thing a customer would want because this would cause the customer to lose service at the original carrier and it would also would transfer the number to a non-functional Public Mobile service.

@computergeek541 

is what i mean about it the fail processing transfer and maybe they can do it again but maybe the can't receive the SMS again.. but if try to call them the will re processing the transfer..

@Anonymous wrote:

@BKNS27 

i will provide you a number to you make call to them maybe the will fix the port number

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

but for email is working any email the accepted...

@Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 

maybe is reject website PM, because you have account and you need to

can try it for a different Browser and incognito mode,

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

how to clear cache and cookies in microsoft edge browser visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

for microsoft edge how to update your browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @BKNS27 

Hotmail email account should not be the issue.

Did he receive an email confirmation of the account activation?

I wonder if the email was typoed during the activation? I don't know any other reason why he could not create a Self Serve account.

It is aggravating that they let him leave with any working services.

I assume he was charged. IF so, then only CSA can help with Self Serve if the email he think was used is not working.

What model phone does he use?

Can he try the SIM into another phone to see if it works?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 : I would be pretty sure you know full well the porting help line by now. I don't think we're at that problem yet. Is the phone locked? Is it compatible? Is it blacklisted? Can the network type be changed ie. LTE/3G? Can the network be changed? ie. manually finding and connecting to PM?

The phone should have some outgoing services and data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 

i will provide you a number to you make call to them maybe the will fix the port number

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

but for email is working any email the accepted...

Need Help? Let's chat.