cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend did not receive referral discount

Craig82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello I was wondering why my friend hasn’t received the $1 discount for the referral. I have received the $10 discount.

thanks 

18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector 

I use two terms: credit and reward. The new customer gets a credit from a referral. This can actually be used right away after receiving to buy add-ons. The existing customer gets a reward that will convert to Available Funds at renewal.

Credits can be the free 30 day promo, the referrer promo, $10 off per term promo.

Rewards are the four rewards that all get converted at renewal.

Yes technically the $10 one time bonus and the $1 ongoing bonus lands in two different places in Self Serve account. The 41 lands in the rewards are awaiting o be moved up to Available Funds at renewal time where as the $10 one time bonus lands directly in the Available Funds area. Both get put to use at the same time but if comparing the two rewards one could be missed being it is in a different area.

AE_Collector

ccdevmike
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@cellphoneuser1 

Thanks for clarification. Must have been something else I read about that could take up to 72 hrs. 

Thanks

ccdevmike

@kb_mv 

Lol it's the thought that counts 😂

Edit: Completely missed that there was a page two of replies until after I posted the same thing numerous others had already posted. It is a shame lol as I had really nice graphics to accompany the reply!

Craig82

Ok thanks, I’ll contact a moderator 

@Craig82 

Indeed @cellphoneuser1  is correct the $1 reward will show up in your friends account immediately. Faster than the pin code or even the welcome email. It will appear in on the overview page under rewards and on the rewards page with a little drop down window will appear when you click the tiny arrow. All your referrals and the last four digits of their phone number will appear.

A few seconds after that as long as it's not too late in the day they will recieve a text from pm's short code 100 or the next day at noon eastern or as us wetcoasters like to say we get woken up by the sweet sound of the pm alarm clock. Cha-ching! Congratulations you have successfully referred a friend! Go to your rewards....with a link.

You should contact the moderators and give them your friends referral code and phone number and community name if they have a profile  and have them check on why it didn't apply or it erred.Screenshot_20201026-010839_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20201022-102438~2.png

@ccdevmike wrote:

@Craig82 

I think it can take up to 72hrs for it to be applied. I have noticed a delay before.

Not right - The $1 reward is immediate. It never takes 72 hours.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Craig82 wrote:

Oh ok thanks. I’ll tell them to check on the renewal date 

They don't need to wait. There's two pieces of evidence.

1. a text from 100 saying he got a referral

2. an additional $1 in the rewards area next to referrals

referafriend.jpg

Craig82

Oh ok thanks. I’ll tell them to check on the renewal date 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Craig82 wrote:

that’s what I may have thought but I double checked and it was the correct code 

Then he needs to double check. Like I said in my edit...the existing customer doesn't see any discount until his next renewal.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Craig82  As mentioned, your friend should have received a text when you signed up with his referral code. And he should be able to see the last 4 digits of your phone number under his rewards section.

BTW the reward gets converted into a credit only on the day of his renewal. So maybe his renewal is coming up?

If for some reason, he doesn't receive the credit, you can contact Moderator_Team (by creating a ticket or sending a private message) to ask for his referral code to be applied correctly to your account.

ccdevmike

@Craig82 wrote:

Ok... Every odd... Is it worth talking with a moderator about it perhaps? Not sure as I have not experienced this yet out of my 4 referrals. 

Craig82

ccdevmike

@Craig82 Oh ya that is way to long to wait! Something must has gone wrong.....Sorry that happened to them. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Craig82 wrote:

Hello I was wondering why my friend hasn’t received the $1 discount for the referral. I have received the $10 discount.

thanks 

Perhaps you typed in the wrong code. A valid one nonetheless. But the wrong one from your friends. He should have received a text almost immediately after you activated with his code.

Maybe someone out there just got a referral out of the blue 🙂

Edit: the reward will show in his rewards area. Then it will get converted into Available Funds to go towards his plan cost at his next renewal.

Craig82

It has been a couple of weeks already 

ccdevmike

@Craig82 

I think it can take up to 72hrs for it to be applied. I have noticed a delay before.

Need Help? Let's chat.