cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fongo number port in

trp101
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I requested to port my Fongo number to Public Mobile. The temp number Public  assigned me is no longer in service and the number on my SIM is the ported in Fongo number.  Can only make outcalls...no incoming and no receiving or sending  text messages.  Need help to fix this issue.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@trp101 

Porting a VoIP number will take up to 7 days.

FYI Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM had don't it part of porting process by taking your Fongo number to set up at your PM account.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for Fongor to release you number to PM. Not until Fongo releases your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to Fongo.

@trp101 wrote:

I requested to port my Fongo number to Public Mobile. The temp number Public  assigned me is no longer in service and the number on my SIM is the ported in Fongo number.  Can only make outcalls...no incoming and no receiving or sending  text messages.  Need help to fix this issue.  Thanks.

Incoming calls will not work unitl the porting has completed. The behavior you describe is normal behavior. Porting from a VoIP service might take about a week. To receive phone calls, you'll need to keep using Fongo.

However, outgoing text messages should still be working. I would check to see that the SMSC is set to +16475800172.

Need Help? Let's chat.