cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benni2021
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Flip phone

Yes it receives texts.

After receiving the text, and reply back, do I move the SIM card to my new phone, or does PM send me a new one?

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Benni2021 : No. Your Bell SIM only works with Bell. You need a PM SIM to activate and use on PM.

Benni2021

Oh! I've misunderstood then. How do I get the card from them?

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Benni2021 : You can buy online direct from Public Mobile. You can buy from Amazon. You can buy from Canadiancellsupplies. You can also find one in many stores.

When you get around to activating with it then don't forget to use a referral code to get a $10 credit.

softech
Mayor / Maire

@Benni2021  just to let you know, buying SIM from PM site directly might take some time for delivery, can be as much as 3 weeks.  If you want to do it online, try what @z10user4 suggested  (Amazon is great if you have Prime membership for 2 days delivery , Canadiancellsupplies price is cheaper)

Also, you might want to check local kiosk like Walmart/London Drugs/Loblaws.  Some of them will give the SIM for free if you activate with them.

Welcome to PM

@z10user4 wrote:

@Benni2021 : No. Your Bell SIM only works with Bell. You need a PM SIM to activate and use on PM.

@Benni2021 

To add to the above, you will not be able to request the number porting until you have the Public Mobile SIM card.  That is done during the activation process or you can do it at a later time. However, you cannot  do the number porting ahead of time.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Benni2021 

Were you hoping to activate in time for the free month promotion? If so go to the store locator at the botom of the page to find a retailer near you to buy a sim card and activate online ( to qualify with the email address you pre-registered with).

Otherwise you can activate with CCS online with one of their bundles that include a free sim card and up to 50% off your first month and port in your number with them or after once you recieve your sim card ( pre-activated or have them activate once it arrives within 5 business days). Be sure to supply them with your referral code and your promocode for the data bonuses when you activate.

Benni2021

Thank you everyone! Very helpful as usual!!

Benni2021

I can't find where to order the SIM card. Help!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.