cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip phone

Benni2021
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I want to buy a flip phone, and use PublicMobile as my provider. Is that possible? 

Also, I want to keep my same number. How do I do that?

144 REPLIES 144

@Benni2021 

You are on a postpaid plan with bell. Get a temporary number so you retain phone service and port in afterwards and bell will prorate your bill.

Benni2021

Oh! Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Benni2021 : darlicious is wondering about the _number_...not the phone.

Benni2021

Yes my phone is eligible. 

@Benni2021 

If you are not porting in on activation just allow them to pick a temporary number for you...give them your local area code and exchange. You can change the number or port your current number in ( if eligible) once your sim card arrives.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Benni2021 : the box says optional. (at PM)

Benni2021

Dang it! Trying to create account and it asks for my phone number. I don't have a phone number yet through them and I can't go to the next step..

This is beginning to get frustrating.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Benni2021 

I forgot to mention that when getting bundle “SIM card & PM plan” through CCS you also getting discounted rate for PM plans for the first month. (indicated discounts listed by @darlicious in this post).

1) Put “SIM Activation Plan” of your choice in your shopping cart (SIM card is included. Don’t put SIM card into your shopping cart!) and pay for your order. Don’t forget to provide your Referral Code.

2) CCS will activate SIM card and load PM vouchers to cover your first month, and then ship SIM to you

3) When SIM card received you would have to follow the link provided by CCS to open PM Self-Serve account and fill the rest of your personal information. Done!

@Benni2021 

Just create an account wifh preferably a different email than the one you will use for your pm account. I have always used paypal with CCS but they are pretty good with security at CCS and deleted all emails that contained account details when I have done an activation.

Is your phone number eligible to port to public mobile?

Benni2021

Thank you!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Benni2021 : That "sign in" is unrelated to anything else here. Just make something up.

Benni2021

Well, when I go to the "cart" link, it asks me to sign in. I put my sign in info (same as on here) and it says it's incorrect.  ???

Benni2021

Thanks everyone!

@LEGO 

You are correct that in line#4 under bundles they do state they will pay for the first month in full. Since you have activated successfully with that deal perhaps you can describe the process for the community to fully understand how it works since this is a new offer by CCS. I will edit my post.

@Benni2021 

Just one more thing....which may be a dealbreaker for you if you are attached to your phone number. Unfortunately telus does not have a lot of exchanges in Newfoundland/Labrador. You may not be able to port your number into public mobile as a result. Check at the link below:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

LEGO

@darlicious I activated two $25 plans through them and they covered full bill for both accounts. I think, @Benni2021 was looking for something similar...

@LEGO 

To clarify CCS will pay up to 50% of your first months bill not 100%. The "bundles" discount with free sim card is as follows:

1. $15 plan=15% off=$2.25 savings
  2. $25 plan=25% off=$6.25 savings
  3. $35 plan=35% off=$12.25 savings
  4. $40 plan=40% off=$16.00 savings
  5. $50 plan=50% off=$25.00 savings

Bundles that are shipped to the buyer outside of Ontario are charged 5% gst. Ontario residents are charged 13% (gst+pst). New activations are paid in $10 voucher increments so depending on the plan chosen an additional "bonus" top up is given up to $5. ( see website for details) All sim cards ship in about 5 business days via Canada Post (Toronto to Vancouver) depending on location. Pick up service is available in North York and Mississauga, Ontario.

Edit: CCS has started offering an additional free first month promotion as described by @LEGO  above. Check the website for details of this offer that is stated in line #4 under bundles. I have no experience activating with that particular promotion so cannot comment on how it works.

Benni2021

Thanks!

LEGO

@Benni2021  

You may look into option of activating Public Mobile plan through Canadian Cell Supplies, by doing so you will get Free SIM card with Free Shipping. They will pay your first month bill. You will receive $10 if you supply them with your Referral Code (if you have one) OR ask any of us for Referral Code through Personal Messaging.

CCS Public Mobile SIM Activation Plan and CCS Bundle and Save Offer Details
Good luck!

LEGO 🌺

Benni2021

Thanks for the info, really I am used to it, no biggy.  

@Benni2021  Oh, even PRIME fails the 2 days?  you should call Amazon, they will give you some "goodies" to compensate, sometimes...

Benni2021

I'm used to waiting 2 or 3 weeks. I'm a Prime customer and it takes forever to get something on this island.

Benni2021

We live in a very small town on the island Newfoundland Canada. Everything is quite a drive away.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Benni2021 : Do you not have any Walmart, London Drugs, Wow Mobile, even Koodo stores etc in range? (considering a little public health matter going on 🙂 )

@Benni2021 

@Benni2021 wrote:

I can't find where to order the SIM card. Help!

As mentioned above, you have several options:

1. Public mobile (expect 2-3 week delay)

https://store.publicmobile.ca/cart

2. Amazon.com (fast with prime)

3.  Canadiancellsupplies.com

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/latest-products/products/public-sim-card

4. In store vendors

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

Benni2021

I can't find where to order the SIM card. Help!

Benni2021

Thank you everyone! Very helpful as usual!!

@Benni2021 

Were you hoping to activate in time for the free month promotion? If so go to the store locator at the botom of the page to find a retailer near you to buy a sim card and activate online ( to qualify with the email address you pre-registered with).

Otherwise you can activate with CCS online with one of their bundles that include a free sim card and up to 50% off your first month and port in your number with them or after once you recieve your sim card ( pre-activated or have them activate once it arrives within 5 business days). Be sure to supply them with your referral code and your promocode for the data bonuses when you activate.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Benni2021 : No. Your Bell SIM only works with Bell. You need a PM SIM to activate and use on PM.

@Benni2021 

To add to the above, you will not be able to request the number porting until you have the Public Mobile SIM card.  That is done during the activation process or you can do it at a later time. However, you cannot  do the number porting ahead of time.

Need Help? Let's chat.