cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Sale May 7 - get your next 30 days for $0 online

Jankoc1989
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone, 

I registered for this flash sale, which indicated that you didn't need a promo code, just to use the email registered. 

I setup my service and account on the 7th and paid for one month.

How and when does the free month show up ?

thanks

32 REPLIES 32

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk  There you are my now tag-able friend....youre late to the party! Just kidding....we were all impressed how @Artiss mom activated on her own and even set up her koho card for autopay both accounts with referrals for maximum savings.

Lol....she has a year over me. Some of the older folks aren’t so old any more, technology wise. 

I offered some advice for monitoring calling and data...but on android and she's on an iphone 7. She signed up on the 30 days free promo with the $25 plan but I suggested she might want to downgrade to the $15 to maximize the savings.

My Public Mobile suggested add-ons for $15 monthly plan.

Suggested add-ons to bullet proof the $15 plan. Both my wife and I are low users of our $15 mobile plans but the one time cost of $25 makes our plans as good as any. And of course, once set up, one will have to manage these add-ons to keep the “GOOD COMBINATION” in place and maintenance cost should be minimal.

The add-on combinations below do NOT expire until minutes are used up.

GOOD COMBINATION. More flexibility, less overall cost.
2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes
1 x $15 add-on (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on this gives you full calling LD including USA, Canada and International for less cost per minute than using the $8 add-on. 
=======
$25

NOT SO GOOD COMBINATION.
2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes
1 x $8 add-on (4 cent/min.) 200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes**
1 x $15 (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on.
=======
$33 Total **The lesser value of the group

Note the $5, $8, and $15 add-on would all kick in for Local/Canada Wide calls if your allotted minutes were all used up. This applies to the $15 monthly plan only.

The reason for 2 x $5 add-ons, assuming most of your calls are Canada Wide, is......once 1 x $5 is used up and you are now using the second $5 add-on ......buy another $5 add-on.

The $15 add-on is less cost per minute than the $8 add-on and the $15 add-on has International, USA and Canada while the only real use of the $8 add-on is for USA only calls.

Note 1: The add ons above I have mentioned do NOT expire until all the minutes have been used.
The unused minutes roll over month to month until all exhausted.

Note 2:
Keep in mind the value of “Rewards that’ll lower your bill”.
Freebies that may be offered as in pre Christmas 2019 for 1GB of Data and 400 International Long Distance minutes.
Promotional pricing as in March 2020 (Covid 19 era) with 1/2 price 1GB Data that does not expire.
They treat us very well.

Note 3:
Other ways to save money.
If you have the option to call an 800 number, those calls do NOT deduct from your allotted minutes.
Use Wi-Fi Zoom, FaceTime Video or Audio only, and iMessage. I DON’T recommend the TextNow Voip App as it will be confusing for callers using a second number that may NOT be a local number.
Use a paid for VoIP service that is fully programable by you such as VoIP.ms with a LOCAL number, using Zoiper APP on mobile device using your VoIP.ms SIP. This will allow you to call out using Zoiper over wifi and you can program VoIP.ms to forward calls back to your PM account. While I have not tried it yet, you can assign a number to show on VoIP.ms for caller ID; and that could be your PM number. I would estimate a cost of $3-$4 a month and you would also have many many other options.

Copyrighted 2020

Is there a way of tracking outgoing calling minutes on an iphone while on an unlimited plan? In case she wants to change her plan?

Not that I know of. Best is to watch monthly data usage. Turn data on only when you want to use, otherwise leave it off. 

Watch account for usage and copy and paste a few months into notes or excel. Change once she sees times are normal in her opinion. And if she changes, do so a few days before the new cycle starts. 

Also your my go to iPhone guy so she might need some help so I said tag you....which I am completely unable to do now unless you join the conversation.

@LurganIeUk  There you are my now tag-able friend....youre late to the party! Just kidding....we were all impressed how @Artiss mom activated on her own and even set up her koho card for autopay both accounts with referrals for maximum savings. I offered some advice for monitoring calling and data...but on android and she's on an iphone 7. She signed up on the 30 days free promo with the $25 plan but I suggested she might want to downgrade to the $15 to maximize the savings. Isvthere a way of tracking outgoing calling minutes on an iphone while on an unlimited plan? In case she wants to change her plan?

Also your my go to iPhone guy so she might need some help so I said tag you....which I am completely unable to do now unless you join the conversation.

Hi,

Wha t iPhone help is needed? 

Or how how to make best use of $15 plan?

Let me know.

@Artiss You and your mom will have to tag @LurganleUk ** for iPhone help or alternatively @AE_Collector or @CalgaryBen who can also give practical iPhone advice and help.

** if anyone else can tag @LurganleUk cause for the life of me unless he's in the thread I cannot tag him....even my macro has failed...same with @GR .....will not

@Jb456 wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

See @darlicious message above

@Jb456  Thank you! Let's see if I can tag now... @LurganleUk  ....and no?!!

@brettster99  And mental note ....made and done.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Artiss 

I also have a iPhone 7 (plus) so I be able to help as well.

@darlicious You forgot me 😞 

no jokes aside I’m glad you tagged the others 

@Artiss  You and your mom will have to tag @LurganleUk ** for iPhone help or alternatively @AE_Collector  or @CalgaryBen  who can also give practical iPhone advice and help.

** if anyone else can tag @LurganleUk cause for the life of me unless he's in the thread I cannot tag him....even my macro has failed...same with @GR .....will not

Artiss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great advice! Thank you for those suggestions. Was unaware of call logging apps. She is on an iPhone 7.

@Artiss   Make sure your mom enables her data saver,  data tracker, (iPhone turn off WiFi assist), go thru and turn off all background data in her apps except (Android) core apps and the OS (operating system). Set the data warning to 25% so she can get an idea of how much she used her data on her phone  = 250mb. She can also track her calling fairly easily in the usage summary in her account or checking the outgoing calling minutes manually or using a free call log monitor app to easily monitor her outgoing calling while she on an unlimited calling plan. Even if you buy the $5/500min add on its pretty hard to use 600 min a month it would probably last 5 to 6 months (="$1 extra per month.)

Artiss

I sent her a screenshot of your post, she says “Thank you” and “Stay safe as well”. 🙂 

brettster99

@Artiss 

We are very happy to hear she is now with us. I would like to say this as well. Happy Mothers day to your mom and to you. 

I'm glad your experience with us for her and you has been positive.

Welcome to the PM Family Mama Artiss

Artiss

I did refer her to KOHO for the extra rewards 🙂 

I thought of the $15 plan originally w/ the add-on of LD. Will see what she goes through for data this month and try and calculate a total LD summary for her. Even at $25 that is 1/3 to 1/4 of what she wears paying with the other mobility company. 

@Ashley98 there is no promo code required. It should work as long as you entered the email addresses us3d to activate the accounts between May 5 to 7 and activated on a $25 or higher plan before Mat 22. The credit should automatically appear within 30 days in your self service account  And the refer a friend reward $1 immediately for the referee and $10 within 72 hours for the referred if used. Welcome to the community, and to PM. Stay safe. 

@Ashley98 wrote:

I just activated 3 phones hoping to avail of this promo but I wasn’t aware there was a promo code that needed to be entered. I thought as long as I entered their email addresses between May 5-7 it would work?

Yes, you just needed to enter the email addresses on the flash promo page. It will be credited to the account within 30 days. 

Ashley98
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just activated 3 phones hoping to avail of this promo but I wasn’t aware there was a promo code that needed to be entered. I thought as long as I entered their email addresses between May 5-7 it would work?

Barbie2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I wish I was able to get this promotion, oh well, next time. 🙂

@Artiss  That's so awesome for your mom. Did you refer her to koho to get the extra 1% cashback for being referred? That would put her up to 3.5% back for her public mobile payments.

Depending on how much your mom call out and/or uses data she should monitor her usage this month. If she finds she can get by with the $15 plan ( and possibly adding the $5/500 min add on) she can maximize her plan credit by scheduling a change on the next renewal ( after receiving the credit) to the $15 plan. The credit will then cover almost 4 months of service:

Paid $25+tax=1st month $10 referral credit+$4 (2×$2 autopay)=$14+$25 promo credit =$39 Switch to $15 plan 2nd month $39-$15=$24+$2(autopay)=$26-$15(3rd mnth)=$11:+$2(a/p) =$13 4th month your mom adds $2 to her balance of $13+$2=$15-$15(4th mnth)= $0 mnth 5 add$13  For $2 she won't have to pay again til her 5th month unless she needs the $5/500min add on.

@Artiss your mom should also get 2 more $2 autopay credits for a total of $16 off her July cycle since her second one should be free. Stay safe. 

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Artiss ..... Welcome your mom to PM from us at the community forum. If you entered the promo code at activation you should get your free month. If you or your mom have further questions, be sure to ask as someone will give you the answer.

Artiss

I did notice that. Just wanted to clarify.

This community is awesome. Friend and speedy support. Thank you from myself and my ma’. 

@Artiss That is impressive! Great job in walking her through and helping her to come on board with public, she will get the credit for sure the terms did not say that the member would receive it immediately though. Just before the next renewal. 🙂

Artiss

She has the $2 credit for autopay, and $10 credit from my referral.

906D5749-EB74-452A-9647-41808CE76D33.jpeg

Artiss

Trust me, she has that done. Then she signed up with KOHO Visa to get 2% back lol.

@Artiss wrote:
Spoiler
My mom as a new user

So just to confirm... My mom was with Rogers until May 15, 2020. She did not have an account with Public Mobile, but did enter her email address during the May 5-7 email date. On May 8, she created an account, registered her SIM and every works. When she looks at her account status, she sees: “

• Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Jun 7, 2020
  • Payment for Next Cycle: $25.00

I don’t believe she received the promo - she did get my $10 referral credit.

On the first page of your self serve account, it will also show the full plan price regardless of any discounts or account balance that you have. Public Mobile really should just rename that part of the page to Plan Price.

@Artiss  that's great that she did it all on her own👍

If she adds auto-pay to her account she'll get a $2 reward credit per 30 days.

Artiss

She is excited to here - I have waited for the last year to switch her over. Was really impressed, for 71 she did everything herself. Great online help and step by step. 

@Artiss  as per the terms and conditions of the flash sale promotion. The credit will be credited to the account within 30 days. Provided all conditions have been met. Which by what you wrote looks like it.

Tell your Mom welcome to Public Mobile and Happy Mother's Day!

Artiss
Spoiler
My mom as a new user

So just to confirm... My mom was with Rogers until May 15, 2020. She did not have an account with Public Mobile, but did enter her email address during the May 5-7 email date. On May 8, she created an account, registered her SIM and every works. When she looks at her account status, she sees: “

• Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Jun 7, 2020
  • Payment for Next Cycle: $25.00

I don’t believe she received the promo - she did get my $10 referral credit.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Jankoc1989 as everyone said you will see a credit on your account. 

But, if that credit does not come prior to your renewal make sure to contact a moderator and let them known your circumstance. I would wait for a couple of weeks then make that contact.

contact them  here;

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

brettster99

@Jankoc1989 

It should be the second month that should be the one that is for $0 as the first month it's just for everything to get set up properly so should be the next month 

Need Help? Let's chat.