cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First payment issue and no autopay?

dezn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So I just got my sim and plan went smoothly when signing up but everything else after has gone wrong and still waiting for moderator to fix my no service issue (been 2 days and no answer...)  I was charged $10 for the monthly plan and they never did the autopay on my payment. It shows $11.20 on my credit statement like what? Does the next one reduce? Sometimes I wish I had a livechat instead.

9 REPLIES 9

@shartomjam wrote:

Can anyone show a screen shot of receiving a double auto-pay reward in transaction history of either $4 or $12 credit?

You opened your account also in 2016? Maybe they changed things, or all the accounts I manage are glitched..

Yes, I signed up in December 2016 so I can't do a screen shot.  However, I just checked with my son who signed up a couple of weeks ago with no moderator intervention.  He has received both credits.  The first auto pay credit shows up in available funds and the next one is in Rewards.  

@shartomjam@stonechuckerAfter reading an explination from @will13am It's probably my fault, and I have been screwing up the activation process. Thanks for bringing this to my attention stone so I can at least inform people correctly as I have been telling the people I sign up they do not get the first auto reward.

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Can anyone show a screen shot of receiving a double auto-pay reward in transaction history of either $4 or $12 credit?

You opened your account also in 2016? Maybe they changed things, or all the accounts I manage are glitched..

Yes, I signed up in December 2016 so I can't do a screen shot.  However, I just checked with my son who signed up a couple of weeks ago with no moderator intervention.  He has received both credits.  The first auto pay credit shows up in available funds and the next one is in Rewards.  

@shartomjam wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@RobertQc, I was on a 30-day plan to start.  I paid full price, then the system put as a reward for next cycle as $4 (first and second cycle).  2nd cycle was paid at $4 off.  Going forward all rewards you see on the overview screen are "for the next cycle".  If you set up to change to 90-day, you'll see $6, stay on 30-day, you'll see $2.  Change from 90-day to 30, you'll see $2.

I had the same experience as @stonechucker but when I switched my daughter over recently, her account did not fully activate and the mods needed to intervene.  She did not receive the extra $2 for auto pay, only $2 for next renewal. 

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stonechucker wrote:

@RobertQc, I was on a 30-day plan to start.  I paid full price, then the system put as a reward for next cycle as $4 (first and second cycle).  2nd cycle was paid at $4 off.  Going forward all rewards you see on the overview screen are "for the next cycle".  If you set up to change to 90-day, you'll see $6, stay on 30-day, you'll see $2.  Change from 90-day to 30, you'll see $2.

I had the same experience as @stonechucker but when I switched my daughter over recently, her account did not fully activate and the mods needed to intervene.  She did not receive the extra $2 for auto pay, only $2 for next renewal. 

@stonechucker wrote:

@stonechuckerThat was not my experience and logging into the peoples accounts that I manage, I can confirm that none of them got a double auto-pay reward on their first renewal. So maybe when you signed up 2 years ago they did it different.

I understand changing from 90/30 day and where the "next cycle" comes up. I understand the $2-$6 what I do not understand is the $4 or $12 I do not see this on any of the accounts on first renewal, it simply says $2 for 30 or $6 for 90.

@stonechucker wrote:

@dezn@RobertQc,

AutoPay as mentioned, holds over on the first cycle, but the second cycle will be doubled, so $2 extra on 2nd 30-day, or $6 extra on the 2nd 90-day cycle.  So, depending on the cycle, you'll see $4 or $12 off.

@stonechuckerNot trying to say your wrong but I have never seen it work that way- I thought it started after making your first payment. Because your first payment was not considered to be done using the "autopay" system and was considered as a manual one time payment.

I can confirm in transaction history that my first autopay reward (and every single one after), which was taken on my first renewal was only $2.

So you may be mistaken, or public mobile has a glitch to not pay some members a double sized first auto-payment.... it would not suprise me with how many glicthes there are with self serve / auto-payment 😛

@dezn@RobertQc,

AutoPay as mentioned, holds over on the first cycle, but the second cycle will be doubled, so $2 extra on 2nd 30-day, or $6 extra on the 2nd 90-day cycle.  So, depending on the cycle, you'll see $4 or $12 off.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@dezn wrote:

So I just got my sim and plan went smoothly when signing up but everything else after has gone wrong and still waiting for moderator to fix my no service issue (been 2 days and no answer...)  I was charged $10 for the monthly plan and they never did the autopay on my payment. It shows $11.20 on my credit statement like what? Does the next one reduce? Sometimes I wish I had a livechat instead.

45 seconds later.... Connecting to live chat...

.... Connecting to operator....

You have connected to RobertQc

Hi My name is RobertQc I am a community helper at public mobile. I would love to answer this for you

You are correct, it will reduce your next one. Autopay does not apply for the first payment on the account. It starts on your first renewal. $2 per 30 days or $6 for 90 days. It will be applied a few hours before the renewal payment comes out from your auto pay method.

If today was your payment due date, then here's what to expect:
1. Expiration of completed period. Account will show "plan expired" sometime before midnight tonight.
2. Conversion of all rewards (including autopay) to available funds at midnight; rewards reset. Payment not collected yet at this point.  Account will show "Your account has been suspended" in big red letters.
3. In early hours of the morning, available funds will be used (if any), credit card will be charged (if necessary), plan will be renewed. Account status will then show "active."

If you look around the self serve pages, you will see two days, a top up day and payment day.  The one shown in the overview page is the day they want people who do manual top ups to put money into the account.  The next day, early in the morning is when the funds are converted into a payment.  The payment day is also shown.

Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off in advance as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension and loss of service.

This post explains the renewal process: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs...

Need Help? Let's chat.