cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First name character limit is too short

zarge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activate my new PM sim card and I notice I can write my full first name. I am from south america and my first name is made of two names. The input box has a limit of 11 character, my name fails by 1. I don't have issue with my last name (also made of two words) as the input box has a limit of 18 charaters.

This is the first time I have issues signing up to a service where I can't write my full name.

I am worried that I will have problem if I try to setup autopay.

What I can do ?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

@hairbag1 wrote:

Your Autopay info is the exact name on the credit card / debit card though.

Assuming credit card name field has no length restriction?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zarge 

in your credit card what is your name entered they same,

just make sure your credit card number and your address match the same,

sometime your typing but is a one word or letter or number is a wrong or is missing just make sure for it.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@zarge 

Whatever name you use, just be sure to remember it in case you need to contact CS later for some issue involving your account.

It's always a good idea to take a screenshot of the Overview and Profile pages of your account and save it somewhere so you can give the exact information when asked.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

you can try taking out the space between your two first names.

Autopay will still match what you put as your name on the card, doesnt matter it was same as your PM registered name or not.

Just an idea.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@zarge 

You can shorten your first (two) name by using one or the other of your first name.

You can use your full name as on your credit card. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@zarge wrote:

I just activate my new PM sim card and I notice I can write my full first name. I am from south america and my first name is made of two names. The input box has a limit of 11 character, my name fails by 1. I don't have issue with my last name (also made of two words) as the input box has a limit of 18 charaters.

This is the first time I have issues signing up to a service where I can't write my full name.

What I can do ?

Thanks.

@zarge  no worry about the name field on My Account.   The credit card info require you to enter the name again, it does not take it from the name on the  My Account

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@zarge wrote:

What I can do ?

Thanks.

You can sign up with any name actually....just shorten your name by a vowel or whatever works. Your Autopay info is the exact name on the credit card / debit card though.

Need Help? Let's chat.