cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Name Last Name in Account Setup page

pares_inter_se
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Community,

First time posting. Planning to port my SO from Freedom 2-3 days after activation.

In the Account Setup page at https://activate.publicmobile.ca/ what First Name Last Name should I put ?

My name, her name or doesn't matter ?

I will be managing the PM account but the Freedom account is in her name.

Regards,

9 REPLIES 9

kgentry5989
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah, I was hoping to be able to change it once all is verified that it is indeed my account

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

doesn't matter, but better to put the user‘s name.

kgentry5989
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can it be changed after the number is ported?

The name on the newly activated Public Mobile account could be anything.  However, the name that you enter on the number porting form must be exactly the same as that on file for the Freedom Mobile account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pares_inter_se wrote:

Wow ! The response time here is very much faster than the FM Call Center I am leaving behind.

Thank you all.

Yup. Don't let anybody tell you there's no support around here. Although yes you'd have to wait some for deeper account problems.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pares_inter_se wrote:

Wow ! The response time here is very much faster than the FM Call Center I am leaving behind.

Thank you all.

Absolutely!  Welcome aboard!

pares_inter_se
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @pares_inter_se  - Have you activated a new SIM yet?  If so, you can transfer in the number from Fredom Mobile by going into your self serve portal, and clicking on 'Plan and Add-Ons', then 'Change Phone Number'.  There are instructions on how to do it at that point.  If you have not yet activated a SIM, then during activation, you can use any name you want for the Punblic mobile account.  It does not need to be the same as you have on FM.

The only time you need to use the same name as is in use at FM is during the number transfer (Port).  It clearly indicates something like 'Name on the account'.  The number transfer can be done during activation of the SIM, or afterwards (once everything is working OK).  Keep in mind that the FM account must be active when doing the transfer.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pares_inter_se wrote:

Hi Community,

First time posting. Planning to port my SO from Freedom 2-3 days after activation.

In the Account Setup page at https://activate.publicmobile.ca/ what First Name Last Name should I put ?

My name, her name or doesn't matter ?

I will be managing the PM account but the Freedom account is in her name.

Regards,

Doesn't matter, but you should probably put her name, since it will be for her.  You can still manage it, and even enter your credit card for autopay.  If you already have a Public Mobile account, don't forget to enter your Public Mobile number during the online activation so you both get $25 each referral credit; you will also get an ongoing $1/month while her remains line active on Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.