cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Sim Card?

LarisaDoiron
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have set up an account for my son earlier today.  I have followed all the steps... and everything went well.  We have received the welcome letter and everything looks good.

However, when I put his sim card into his phone it says "no service".  

My own phone which I setup today works fine with Public Mobile.  When I take out my own sim card and put his in...I get the same thing..." no service".  This means that either the sim card is faulty or it somehow did not get registered properly.  I also tried to suspend and then activate his account as per some suggestions but to no avail.  What should I do?

52 REPLIES 52

@LarisaDoiron wrote:

My son's no service problem has now been sorted out by the moderators.

Apparently, his sim card did not get activated during the getting started process.

The moderators have activated his sim card and my son gets to keep his old phone number.

Thank you very much to everyone for their help and suggestions.

I'm so happy it's finally been sorted out for you. Every once in a while someone's account goes all awry it's just the way p.m. is but otherwise I think you will be happy with the service. Come back anytime we're always here to help at the community. Welcome to public mobile.

LarisaDoiron

My son's no service problem has now been sorted out by the moderators.

Apparently, his sim card did not get activated during the getting started process.

The moderators have activated his sim card and my son gets to keep his old phone number.

Thank you very much to everyone for their help and suggestions.

LarisaDoiron

Has your problem been sorted out yet.  I am still waiting...almost 24 hours now.  No reply from mods and no service.

LarisaDoiron

Thank you.  It helps to know that it worked out for you in the end and that you are satisfied with  PM now.  However, it's been almost 24 hours and no response from mods.

Someone else had contacted me yesterday from the community who tried to activate their phone yesterday and had exactly the same problem.  Perhaps the system was glitching yesterday and now they are really busy resolving issues.

I will keep you posted.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LarisaDoiron wrote:

I have read about your troubles and it sounds very similar to my issues.

Are you happy with PM now? Was it worth the frustration?

Also, I hope that I don't loose my son's phone number as I had ported it from Telus and he has had it for a very long time.

It was totally worth it because I'm saving $ every month, totally worth the fustration too because they fixed everything for me and everything working good now for months. Saving or making $ is not always easy, and I don't mind going though things to save, so I feel that the fustration and time I went though is worth it for the $ I'm saving now and in the future. Plus, the Moderators I dealt with were excellent and fixed everything for me, so I think they can fix everthing for you too.

I don't think you'll lose your son number, simply because if the port is not successful your old telus account won't be closed - so until your number is safely ported into another phone company, your number will safely remain with the old phone company.

LarisaDoiron

I have read about your troubles and it sounds very similar to my issues.

Are you happy with PM now? Was it worth the frustration?

Also, I hope that I don't loose my son's phone number as I had ported it from Telus and he has had it for a very long time.

TheGx

@LarisaDoiron wrote:

I am not sure, but maybe the problem is that I am setting up different accounts to be paid by the same credit card.  I have no choice though, because PM does not offer family accounts where you can have different phone numbers associated with the same account number.  I am not sure why they wouldn't look into it.  I feel it would help them to get more customers.

Don't worry, they will look into your issue for sure, they will fix everything for you but the hardest part is waiting for them to reply you. While you waiting you can read about same thing happened to me by click this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Activated-Sim-over-3-hours-ago-still-...

LarisaDoiron

I am not sure, but maybe the problem is that I am setting up different accounts to be paid by the same credit card.  I have no choice though, because PM does not offer family accounts where you can have different phone numbers associated with the same account number.  I am not sure why they wouldn't look into it.  I feel it would help them to get more customers.

@LarisaDoiron  It will get resolved. Accounts not getting provisioned properly happens once in a while. Unfortunately you were one of the unlucky ones but the moderator will resolve it. Adiing the $1 will not make a difference in your situation.

LarisaDoiron

Yes, I am still waiting for the moderator.  No response...no service...

Yes I have tried it but nothing happened.  The dollar did not get added to my accounted or debited to my credit card.  Maybe I should try again...but I feel that nothing will work until the moderator will fix the problem.  I have tried each and every thing that anyone had suggested and nothing worked.  I am not sure how one account setup can work so flawlessly and the other give me so  many problems.  I have two more family members to transfer from Telus to PM but want to wait until this one is resolved.

@LarisaDoiron 
If you're still waiting for Moderator reply, have you tried the manual top-up "trick"?
Add $1 into your account and then restart the phone.

TheGx

This happened to me before and the Moderators fixed everything, they said it was a glich in the activation process, so all you can do is wait for them to reply and fix everything for you - I waited about a day or so for a reply from them, but after that they fixed everything.

They finish at 10pm edt/est and start at 7am if I remember correctly. So if Simon sent a ticket to them that's your ref # and a basic message that categorizes the issue for the moderators. It's up to you if you want to send a msg to follow up with the more pertinent details (like no pm network) giving the # 'S like the acct pin gives them access to your acct to make any necessary changes to fix the problem before you get back to them . Don't know where you live but if you're out in bc they are up working while you are still sleeping. So the more info they have or account access gives them the ability to get started before they hear back from you. Hopefully youll wake up to a msg saying reboot phone.

Moderator hours: M-F 8am -midnight S+S 8am - 9pm edt/est

LarisaDoiron

I still don't see the reply button on the right...only a delete button.  I am guessing it is because these messages are from me to them.  They haven't actually replied yet.

Thank you for your help though.

@LarisaDoiron wrote:

Today is my first day on PM and this community.  I am a bit confused about how to communicate with the moderator.  Do I go to my private messages and send another message? I see my original message to them and then something from them with the ticket number but I can' find the reply button.

Go to your private messages. Press on the title of the message with your ticket number on it. When it opens up you should find the reply button on the bottom right.

LarisaDoiron

Today is my first day on PM and this community.  I am a bit confused about how to communicate with the moderator.  Do I go to my private messages and send another message? I see my original message to them and then something from them with the ticket number but I can' find the reply button.

@LarisaDoiron wrote:

I tried but Public Mobile is not listed.

Ok unfortunately it looks like only a moderator can help. Check for messages in the morning they have been getting back to users fairly quickly the last day or two. Send a follow up msg with the ticket ref# in the title bar and list everything you have tried (with no success) to activate the phone so they can narrow down the fix possibly before you respond to their msg. Include ph#, acct pin#, email and acct #. Sleep on it and maybe it will be resolved by morning.

@LarisaDoiron wrote:

Tried rebooting and the lost stolen trick but to no avail.

Unfortunately it looks like you have to wait for Moderator reply.

In the meantime, you can try reboot again tomorrow.

LarisaDoiron

I tried but Public Mobile is not listed.

LarisaDoiron

Tried rebooting and the lost stolen trick but to no avail.

@LarisaDoiron wrote:

Will do.  Thank you.

After rebooting phone go into your settings and see if you have to manually select the network. Choose pm.

@LarisaDoiron wrote:

Will do.  Thank you.

Yes reboot phone.

Try the lost/stolen phone trick again.

Please keep us posted. Good luck!

LarisaDoiron

Will do.  Thank you.

Until you hear from a moderator...try cycling phone off / on every once in a while. It won't hurt it and if the provisioning is taking a while...it might self-fix. Keep us posted. Good luck and welcome to PM.

LarisaDoiron

I ported my son's phone number from Telus.  His account shows that it has been ported successfully.  The number on his account as changed to his old Telus number and we have received the "Sorry to see you go" email from Telus.  However, now there is no service from Telus or from Public Mobile.

LarisaDoiron

Yes, I did but it didn't help.

@LarisaDoiron wrote:

Wow.  We are in the same boat.  I am very disappointed.  

Did you try the lost phone/found phone toggle I suggested a page earlier?  

LarisaDoiron

Wow.  We are in the same boat.  I am very disappointed.  

@LarisaDoiron wrote:

I am afraid to try...as this may mess up my son's Telus account and he will  be left without a phone.

What happens if you go on Self Serve and try to get a new phone number?

Could be worth a try, while waiting for Moderator reply...

Reddawn

I activated my account today. Pretty much the same thing. No service. Only difference was when I called the number I got a voice mail of someone else. Weird

Need Help? Let's chat.