cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty SIM card?

sheilastam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I activated a new account.  The account is in order, my old Koodo account says that I have left. However, I have a "No SIM" message on the phone.  When I put a different Public Mobile SIM into the phone it works.  When I put, what suspect is the faulty SIM card, into another working phone it says No SIM.  So, I assume my brand new SIM card is bad.  What do I do?

4 REPLIES 4

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sheilastam Fastest way to fix the issue is to purchase another sim login to your account online and choose the change sim card option enter the new sim number and start using the new sim in your phone.

Then message the moderator team of the issue include the defective sim number and ask if it would be possible to get a credit for the defective card.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sheilastam , if two phones are unable to detect the SIM card, it is quite likely to be defective.  If you have an alternate unused SIM card, you can go into the self serve and do a SIM card change.  

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@sheilastam  hi sounds bad to me contact a moderator for assistance via https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@sheilastam 

Hi, it's nice you already started troubleshooting.

Is your SIM making contact? Try turning off phone and reinserting the SIM again. You can try cleaning the SIM and phone contacts with alcohol.

Try the lost stolen phone trick. Login to Self Serve, report your phone as lost/stolen. Wait 5 minutes. Reboot your phone. Report your phone as found.

Need Help? Let's chat.