cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to use my sim card and number

Calnacon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My number is 1 306 xxx xxxx

I registered in dec 2020 since then I have never been able to use that number.It says that it does not recognize my e mail yet public mobile sends notices to same e mail.i have a credit purchased in dec 2020.i have worked on this for months.my e-mail is xxxxx@xxxxx.ca

It won't recognize my e mail.

I have been told my number is active.

When I put my public mobile sim card in it asks for a pin which when customer service called I was given various pins to which non worked.

My question is why am I showing active if

1) I cannot open.my sim card

2) I cannot sign into my account because they do not recognize my e mail

3) where is my credit

4) my current number from bell is

1306 2xx xxxx

5)I cannot pit that number

6) my phone is unlocked from bell

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

7 REPLIES 7

@stevenanto 

Hmmmm 🤔, “there are many things not going right at the same for all these issues to be happening all at once.”

Yes, this is for the PM moderator to look into to help.

@Calnacon 

Are you getting this message on your phone? The default pin at pm for this message is 1234.

Screenshot_20210502-162517.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR wrote:

This is a good example that some customers who need help and post in the forums, do not know that this is a public forum.  Most of them think that they are talking to PM employees directly.

Agreed. While the Beginners Guide makes a little mention of not doing so, there really should be some filtering of the content about to be posted. Like detecting whether a phone number or account number have been typed in. Or credit card. Or DOB. Really just about any series of numbers.

Or just a pop-up for a new users' first few posts mentioning not to do so. Even though of course nobody reads stuff but...something.

But of course these things have been talked about ad nauseum over the years here.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Calnacon wrote:

My number is 1 306 xxx xxxx

I registered in dec 2020 since then I have never been able to use that number.It says that it does not recognize my e mail yet public mobile sends notices to same e mail.i have a credit purchased in dec 2020.i have worked on this for months.my e-mail is xxxxx@xxxxx.ca

It won't recognize my e mail.

I have been told my number is active.

When I put my public mobile sim card in it asks for a pin which when customer service called I was given various pins to which non worked.

My question is why am I showing active if

1) I cannot open.my sim card

2) I cannot sign into my account because they do not recognize my e mail

3) where is my credit

4) my current number from bell is

1306 2xx xxxx

5)I cannot pit that number

6) my phone is unlocked from bell

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information (thank you Dunkman)

This is a good example that some customers who need help and post in the forums, do not know that this is a public forum.  Most of them think that they are talking to PM employees directly.

@Calnacon Welcome to the Public Mobile Community forum.

Please note that this is a public forum and anyone can see your posts.  You are not talking to Public Mobile employees (we call them moderators) in the forums.

As for your issue, please follow the suggestions already given above.

RosieR

Fellow customer

REMINDER:  Please do not post any personal information in the forums.  These are public forums and there are quite a number of fraudsters lurking around ready to steal your personal info.

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think that there are many things not going right at the same for all these issues to be happening all at once. I think that for that reason it would be best to contact a Moderator on the little green chat bubble at the bottom right of the page.  please keep us updated if/as the issues are getting resolved. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Calnacon  Look like you actually have couple issues here.

1. you mentioned you put the SIM onto a phone and cannot get pass a PIN request?  First, what exactly was the error message?  there could be different PIN it was asking.  would be helpful if you give us the exact error.

2. With regard to logon into Self-Serve. Are you sure a Self-Server account was setup with this PM account?  I guess best way is to message Mod directly and get it sorted up:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

So, you said you had the account setup in Dec, SIM didn't work, so, basically you have been paying for couple months and never able to use PM service at all?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Calnacon 

Thanks for the details. It is somewhat confusing.

Have you been in contact with PM moderator?

Are you on autopay?  Is your credit card being charged monthly since December?  If your account is suspended more than 90 days, then your PM account will be permanently closed and PM number lost.  

Here is some more information about porting:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

The email for various promotions can be different from self service account.  Did you port online or in store?  If you signed in store, you will need to set up a self service account.  

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you registered at home, you would have chosen the email and password. 

When you put in the PM sim card and it is asking for PIN, that usually means your phone is locked.  Maybe try the PM Sim card in another working phone.  That would help determine whether it is a hardware set up issue versus PM service problem.  

Need Help? Let's chat.