cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to complete sim card activation, can't reattempt

bogus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In the last part of the sim card activation (porting old number from fido), the page was stuck in loading with the "Please wait for activation to complete" message. I closed the tab thinking it was frozen, now I can't reattempt the activation. I tried:

1. reattempt activation (after waiting 50 minutes)

"Invalid SIM. The Self Serve username you have entered is not available. Please try again with a different email address."

2. attempt to log in to account

"Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again. "

3. try forget password

"Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address."

4. attempt to create account

"The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already"

I put back my fido sim and it still works, credit card not charged either.

6 REPLIES 6

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @bogus,

We've responded to your private message. Please check your inbox!

Best,

Syed

AustinLee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Your phone could be locked 

At least, you still have Fido service.  

Since @sulagok had very similar experience, you may need to wait for moderator.  It does look like your attempted activation/port failed.  

Might want to try activation again in the morning.  Maybe others in the forum have more ideas.  

bogus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Dunkman@sulagok

Thanks, will try contacting Mderator_Team. The above results were with chrome icognito, after finding a similar advice from searching.

The public mobile sim doesn't have service, and the fido sim remains functional (can still send text, etc). My fido account still shows my number and my online bank page shows no charge on the credit card.

@bogus

As you wait for the moderators to responds (usually 1-2 days), you may want to try again with a  different web browser, clearing cache or incognito mode.  Waiting some time in between attempts can sometimes also work.  

What happens when you put in the PM SIM card in your phone?  

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @bogus

This is exactly my experience when I joined, cancelling the page when it was taking too much time and then getting all the invalid SIM card and invalid account messages.

What I eventually did was messaging the moderators with my email, phone number and the pin number chosen during registration.

"If you do not have the PIN, please reply to us with 3 of the following matching up your account:

• Date of Birth 
  • Full address with Postal Code 
  • Last top-up amount and the date 
  • Email address  
  • Last 4 digits of Credit Card on file"

Only send these info to the moderators only!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.