cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed "port"

ashly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to port an old wire phone number from a long time ago that was not in service and that I had no acount for. It seemed to work. I can make outgoing calls but I cannot receive calls. When I call it I get a busy signal. Can I go back to the first number I selected when signing up?. Should I try to just choose one of the phone numbers they offer when I select change phone number in my account?. Any chance the port will "take" or be fixed if I wait.?

It's my fault, I just assumed the system would not let me do something that would not work. Thanks for any help!. 

2 REPLIES 2

@ashly wrote:

I tried to port an old wire phone number from a long time ago that was not in service and that I had no acount for. It seemed to work. I can make outgoing calls but I cannot receive calls. When I call it I get a busy signal. Can I go back to the first number I selected when signing up?. Should I try to just choose one of the phone numbers they offer when I select change phone number in my account?. Any chance the port will "take" or be fixed if I wait.?

It's my fault, I just assumed the system would not let me do something that would not work. Thanks for any help!. 

One you submit a number portability request, that requetsed number is immediately assigned to your Public Mobile account, before the request is even approved by the other carrier.

Sorry, but you cannot port a phone number in that isn't active at the old carrier.  if it has been a long time since deactivation at your old carrier, you have lost all rights to that phone number, and the old carrier might not even be able to get it back for you.

If you want to get that old phone number back, you have to contact your old lanline carrier to see if the number is still available, and you would have to activate service with them.  If you manage to get that all done, then you can transfer that phone number to Public Mobile, but there's no guarantee that the old carrier can get the phone number back for you.

If you don't care about the old phone number that much, or if the old carrier can't ge the old number back, you'll have no choice but to change to a different phone number for your Public Mobile service.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@ashly Since your old number was not active, porting will not go through. With this, you also lost your number you selected when you activated with public Mobile. I don't think that number can be recovered. You might just have to select a new number. But the system might not let you as you are allowed number change every 30 days (porting in counts). In this case, you might want to send a private message to the Moderator_Team and see what they can do for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.