cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed port

BookishSphinx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I went to Walmart and signed up for public mobile and  bought a SIM card yesterday. I got a temporary number (with the plan to port TELUS prepaid number in once I confirmed my account worked). Everything seemed to be up and running with my temporary number so I attempted the port on self serve last night. I tried this 4 times and the screen seemed to time out and didn’t go anywhere, but the 5th time it said the number was already taken. Under “My account” it indicates that my number is the ported number, but my phone indicates my number is still the temporary one. 

Unfortunately, I can’t seem to call out, receive calls, text, or use data - nothing works. I put my old Telus SIM card back in and that no longer works. 

I PM’ed the moderator 25 hours and no response.  

Does anyone one have any suggestions?  I’m terrified of losing my old number - I’ve had this for 15 years!

8 REPLIES 8

jclaydon2018
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

what others said.. be sure to provide your phone # and pin

mine took 3 days to correct.  It's just one of those things that either works, or it's a major PITA..   I've been using PM for a year now, and the price just can't be beat so it's worth an ocasional hassle in my opinion

hope it gets resolved soon

-James

BookishSphinx

A mod PMed me back at 32 hours post initial PM  and indicated there was an error with my account that needed to be escalated to Engineering. Issue was fixed and my phone was working by 41 hours. Hooray! Thanks for everyone’s help. 

@BookishSphinx wrote:

When I login to self serve, my Telus number is displayed, which is a good sign I think, 

Means nothing. It does that right away any time someone requests port.  All you can do is wait for mods to fix it.

BookishSphinx

When I login to self serve, my Telus number is displayed, which is a good sign I think, but my iPhone says the number is the temporary one. And calling/texting/data is all disabled. 

I will I’ll try the reporting lost/stolen phone trick. Thanks!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@BookishSphinx  Since your Telus sim stop working is suggests that Telus released number. Did you restart your phone? When you login to selfserve under plan and add-ons tab what number is being displayed? Hopefully it's the Telus number. Best to wait for the moderator to respond.

While you are waiting for the moderator to respond, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@BookishSphinx 

Unfortunately, you will need to wait for moderator.  Port is stuck.  Wait times are up to 48 hours, so hopefully, you will receive response by tomorrow. 

You will unlikely lose the number.  Moderators can help with porting process.  

BookishSphinx

I put the Telus SIM card back in and it says No service”. 😞

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BookishSphinx 

Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 day.

Is your account status still active?

If yes, is you Telus SIM card working?

If yes, continue to use the telus SIM card until it stops woorking.  Then switch to use PM SIM card.

Need Help? Let's chat.