cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed port from voip.ms looking for form

Bonzoproducts
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My port failed from voip.ms. I received a sms from PM that read

"Public Mobile here: We're experiencing difficulties processing your request to move to Public Mobile. Please go to PublicMobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. Thanks."

Where can I find this form?

18 REPLIES 18

Barth
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Bonzoproducts wrote:

Mine came through yesterday morning. That is when I receieved the text from PM and incoming calls came though. During this period of porting from voip.ms I think some sms and mms were lost. My DID has disappeared on the voip.ms webpage and I have a -0.04 balance somehow. Do you think I need to close my "account" on there?

Probably not. I did not find a way to close the account through the interface.

Bonzoproducts

Mine came through yesterday morning. That is when I receieved the text from PM and incoming calls came though. During this period of porting from voip.ms I think some sms and mms were lost. My DID has disappeared on the voip.ms webpage and I have a -0.04 balance somehow. Do you think I need to close my "account" on there?

Barth

@Bonzoproducts My port completed this morning, and it would have been faster if I had contacted voip.ms beforehand to make sure my form entries were correct. 

How goes your battle?

@Bonzoproducts wrote:

How long does it typically take the moderators to respond and start the process? My voip.ms is now at .03 cents and I don't really want to add more money as it's a minimum of $15 USD to add.

VOIP and landline port-ins are notoriously slow; as in 7 - 10 days. unfortunately you must keep your account live until the transfer is complete.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Bonzoproducts wrote:

I received a phone call from Telus?? About 3 hours ago, asking me about the port. They just needed the providers name which I gave them as voip.ms The port went through about 20 mins later. I can call out receive and send sms/mms. But can't seem to get calls coming in, on my house phone calling in I get a busy signal. On my wife's public mobile phone line I get the message "2ut3 all circuits are busy" when calling my phone.

Do I need to do anything on voip.ms end like close my DID account or something else? Or just wait some more.?

Funny, when I was on the phone with Telus I asked about the dropped calls were experiencing on the $25 dollar plan. To see if he had more information on it and sure enough the call was dropped and he called back. He had no additional info.

@Bonzoproducts  You should receive a text from PM when the port is complete. Deleting the DID configuration is also not a bad idea. For what it worth VOIP.ms is a good choice for a backup phone, international calling using your cell phones etc so I would keep it active but what do I know.Smiley Happy

jul98

Something similar happened to me when I was having my Public Mobile account set up at Walmart, I just had to wait about 40 mins for my account to go through and become active. 

Bonzoproducts

I received a phone call from Telus?? About 3 hours ago, asking me about the port. They just needed the providers name which I gave them as voip.ms The port went through about 20 mins later. I can call out receive and send sms/mms. But can't seem to get calls coming in, on my house phone calling in I get a busy signal. On my wife's public mobile phone line I get the message "2ut3 all circuits are busy" when calling my phone.

Do I need to do anything on voip.ms end like close my DID account or something else? Or just wait some more.?

Funny, when I was on the phone with Telus I asked about the dropped calls were experiencing on the $25 dollar plan. To see if he had more information on it and sure enough the call was dropped and he called back. He had no additional info.

Barth

@Bonzoproducts voip.ms will refund your money.

https://voip.ms/help-center/finances/can-i-deposit-less-25-my-account

You may request a refund for the remaining balance for up to 90 days after your deposit, should you choose to cancel your account.

Personally, I will keep my voip.ms account for wifi calling, international calls, and conference calls.

Barth

@Bonzoproducts wrote:

How long does it typically take the moderators to respond and start the process? My voip.ms is now at .03 cents and I don't really want to add more money as it's a minimum of $15 USD to add.

I send msg #1 on Monday at about 10:30 AM and msg #2 before 9:00 AM today. They replied to msg #2 at 11:30 AM to get me to verify my identity on my self-serve account. (Funny, thought I'd done that before.) I am now back in the queue and waiting for the fix. Good luck to you.

PS. After Public Mobile confirms your number is ported, remember to remove your DID at voip.ms.

@Bonzoproducts wrote:

@Bonzoproducts  Depending on volume of messages 48 hours (lately with all the recent issues it can even be longer than that). Hopefully they respond sooner than later.

Bonzoproducts

Barth

When I reached out to voip.ms support (instructions above), they responded with the information that I should supply to PM support. I noticed two things: (1) postal code has no spaces or dashes, and (2) the reseller should be "Voip.ms" (without double quotes).

Barth

Although the moderators have not replied, I just realized this morning that texting is coming through Public Mobile and calls to the same number are still coming through voip.ms. Thankfully, I receive both calls to the same device.

Now should I send another private message with this update or allow the moderators to answer my first message?

Bonzoproducts

Thank you for this additional information.

Barth

@Bonzoproducts wrote:

"Public Mobile here: We're experiencing difficulties processing your request to move to Public Mobile. Please go to PublicMobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. Thanks."

Amazing! I had precisely the same experience this morning. As I could not find the Contact Us link at PublicMobile.ca or the silly form, I just sent a private message to the moderators.

One note from the support pages at VOIP.MS:

When Porting Out my number the new carrier requests the PIN, what is my PIN?

Please note that numbers that are ported into us or purchased from our portal, are not assigned any passwords/PINs. This could be a system rejection that the gaining carrier provides before sending the LSR to our underlying carrier. If this number is being ported to a wireless provider, they may need to leave the PIN field blank or make up a PIN. If the port still gets rejected, kindly ask the winning carrier for both the PON and the exact reason and email us at ports@voip.ms for us to verify with our carriers.

@Bonzoproducts wrote:

You've already seen the message/instructions provided by @geopublic and you'll need to provide correct information about your voip.ms account.  As for that contact us, sim and activation form, there is no such form.  It's a generic message that Public Mobile sends out that they never corrected.

Bonzoproducts

Thank you for the quick response! Will get on it, as my voip.ms account has 0.05 cent credit left on it.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Bonzoproducts wrote:

@Bonzoproducts  Click here 

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Need Help? Let's chat.