cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed activation yesterday

Cuong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday I failed to activate at payment stage and was told to contact Public Mobile. I sent the mod team a message about this. However, today I tried to activate again with a new credit card and number (all else are the same), it was successful. I was also able to port my Koodo number over. The problem is when I tried changing my autopay card to the one I used yesterday, it generates an error.

I'm just wondering if the failed activation has affected anything and if I would get charged for both activation attempts. Since I was able to activate again with the same email address I think the failed activation probably didn't go through, but could someone please confirm this? Thank you.

@CS_Agent 

4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Cuong , I would say you are fine.  Activations that go as far as taking money from your credit card would likely result in the SIM card not being re-usable in a subsequent and successful activation.  Same for the email address.  In any event, you should be able to go to you credit card account and see if any errant charges were actually applied.  

Cuong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was able to use the same sim card and email address, but the phone number from yesterday is no longer available. That's why I was worried. I haven't seen a charge on that credit card though.

I changed my address to fit the bank statement and used incognito mode. It worked. Thank you for the suggestions!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cuong  - You should check your CC statements to make sure you weren't charged twice.  Based on your explanation, it doesn;t seem likely.  As for changing you CC information, be sure to enter the details exactly as they appear on your statement.  If there is an apt/unit number, it should be included as part of the address line.  One other thing, be sure to clear your browser's cache and/or using your browser in privacy/incognito mode -  before making the change.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@CuongIt is possible to use the same credit card for multiple accounts, so that likely isn't the problem.If you were able to use the same SIM card, email and phone number then the activation didn't go through.

Try again using the Chrome browser in incognito mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.