cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed activation request

indence
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I just tried to activate my Public Mobile SIM card, and on the summary page it said the request failed and I should ask here. Well, here I am.

The credit card I used got charged, but if I put the SIM in it says cellular data can't be activated. I didn't receive a verification email and if I try to log in into the self-serve account or try creating one, I get error messages.

Can someone help? Really frustrated :(. Thanks,

Eike

21 REPLIES 21

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey Savneet

We are here to help you but, before we can do that, we need to make sure you’re the account owner. We do this to keep your personal information safe and ensure we’re only making account changes on your behalf.

You’ll be presented with 2 easy options to verify your identity. If you don’t have the required information for one of the two options, please let me know and we’ll find a secure alternative.

Please click on the link below and follow the steps:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/authentication/unique-link/U2FsdGVkX1_BvNfbSrTycPLpPW_bgsTsYvpXt7_X4dU

Best regards,

Lamie

Lamie_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey there Savneet,

Thank you for contacting us back and providing us with all your informations. I will be happy to help.
I truly apologize for all the issues it has brought to you.

Please check your private message I wrote you a message. 

Let's find a solution!

P.S : Thank you to the community for reaching out !

Best regards,

Lamie

Hello @Savneet

It will be easier and faster if you post your question in a new post...here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/getting_started

And explain to the community what happened and what did you try...Smiley Happy

Savneet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Failed Activation 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@indence

Ahhh! glad it worked 🙂

Enjoy and have a great day!

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

indence

Yay, that worked. It still had my old providers profile in there and after deleting it, I got access now.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@indence

Can you access to Wi-Fi and open safari search for www.unlockit.co.nz this will allow you to download the APN settings for Public Mobile. 

Lastly, you would need to reboot your phone. 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@indence

I'm sorry about that, 

I have double checked and there is absolutely no issues on our end. 

Can you go to settings-general-profile and make sure that there is no existing profile, if there is no profile then it's good. 

indence

Also, did you read what I wrote about my girlfriend's identical phone? It works just fine even though she can't access the APN settings, but it doesn't for me.

indence

I know, and I do that on a regular basis, but it will take time that I don't want to invest.

Also, I've changed providers a few times now, and it's never been this much of a hassle. I surely won't tinker with my phone which has practically got my whole life on it.

Please try and fix whatever went wrong during the process.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@indence

before the factory reset, you can save your backup on itunes and set the phone with the back up afterwards. 

indence

Sorry, but I'm not going to factory reset my phone. It's not brand new, and I don't want to have to set it all up again. Also, on my girlfriend's phone, she can't change the settings and it works just fine.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@indence

Can you manually change the APN settings? I think you would need to factory reset your phone. 

You won't get the verification email as I didn't send one. 

indence

Whoops, accidentally accepted my own answer as solution, sorry.

Also, another reason for an error that's got nothing to do with my phone but rather your database is that I still didn't get the verification email :(.

indence

Yes, I do get Public and LTE.

I can't access all my APN settings, for some reason I only see the one for tethering.

It's an iPhone 5s, and yes, it's unlocked.

I'm pretty sure the error must be on PM's side, cause my girlfriend activated her PM sim on an identical phone five minutes after, didn't get the message and it works now. She even used the same Credit Card.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@indence

do you get Public Mobile network on your phone? are your APN settings set to Public Mobile? what phone are you using? is it unlocked? 

indence

SIM card is still not working, reboot didn't help. Verification mail is not arriving either.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@indence

Awesome! can you test out the SIM card in your phone? try rebooting if already in the phone. 

Please also create your self-serve account here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

indence

It was 30 days, no talk, no text, 1 GB.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@indence

Thanks for sending the info 🙂 what plan were you looking to activate? the cost must be $30 or less as this is the amount charged. 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @indence

I'm so sorry about this, 

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile SIM card # and the email address used while activating your SIM card. 

Thanks, 

Shazia

Need Help? Let's chat.