cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Activation

jlambe7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

About 48 hours ago I attempted to activate a sim card along with port my number over from Freedom Mobile. I verified all the information was filled in correctly. It seemed to work when I clicked on the finish button. The site asked me not to click the back button or close the page while they setup my sim card and number. Almost 3 hours went by and my cell died so the webpage was eventually closed. Now when trying to redo the process it says the sim and email are both invalid. Tried to login to my account using my email but it does say the email isnt in use...

Decided to try another laptop with the same results. Tried on a cell phone same results.

7 REPLIES 7

You are welcome @jlambe7 . I'm glad that it worked and that we could help you . Thanks for accepting my answer as the solution . Welcome to PM. 

@jlambe7 wrote:

This did it! thanks my dude!

jlambe7

This did it! thanks my dude!

jlambe7

Well I did try multiple devices and waited more than 48 hours. Thank you anyway though!

jlambe7

Credit card was not charged so I submitted a ticked to the moderators at it seems to be an internal issue. Thanks!

sweden06
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Usually you have to wait a bit (an hour) before your purchased sim card can be used for activation again. 

If your Freedom Mobile Account is still active, it means the port was not successful. After a successful port you usually get a text message from PM. 

It might also be helpful to clear your history and use incognito mode. If the problem persists contact a Moderator immediately.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jlambe7 wrote:

About 48 hours ago I attempted to activate a sim card along with port my number over from Freedom Mobile. I verified all the information was filled in correctly. It seemed to work when I clicked on the finish button. The site asked me not to click the back button or close the page while they setup my sim card and number. Almost 3 hours went by and my cell died so the webpage was eventually closed. Now when trying to redo the process it says the sim and email are both invalid. Tried to login to my account using my email but it does say the email isnt in use...

Decided to try another laptop with the same results. Tried on a cell phone same results.

Try another browser in incognito mode.  Usually waiting one hour before retrying is known to work.  Make sure to clear all cookies/cache.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@jlambe7 wrote:

Check your credit card to see if it has been charged. Also try your SIM card to see if it works.

It could be that your activation did not completely finish. If you cannot retry the activation and you cannot access your self-serve account, you'll have to contact Moderators for help.

To submit a ticket to Moderators: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

Need Help? Let's chat.