cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook And Other Sites Not Working For Recieving Verfication Codes

Me3kAndroid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just signed up for services, but when trying to add my mobile to Facebook, I never recieve the confirmation code to verify the phone number

3 REPLIES 3

@Me3kAndroid wrote:

im going to wait, but it is really really suspicious that a phone number from Rogers, Bell, Fido, Telus all get the confirmation within minutes but Public Mobile Takes Way Longer .. im going to wait since my account with Public Mobile was just created on July 11 @ around 730pm EST so maybe just maybe i need to give the account sometime to become fully activated .. and i do have a message in to a moderator as well 

@Me3kAndroid  Did you port your number from another provider? Are you sure that your port is 100% complete. If not that would explain not being able to receive the verification code.

Me3kAndroid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

im going to wait, but it is really really suspicious that a phone number from Rogers, Bell, Fido, Telus all get the confirmation within minutes but Public Mobile Takes Way Longer .. im going to wait since my account with Public Mobile was just created on July 11 @ around 730pm EST so maybe just maybe i need to give the account sometime to become fully activated .. and i do have a message in to a moderator as well 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Me3kAndroidUnfortunately that is a common complaint that comes up once a while, usually it is with enterprise texting systems.. there can also be a delay too, so I would give it some time. It is one of those internetwork things that can be hard to track down. I would suggest note down the time you asked for the code, if it persists report it to the moderator. If you had received previous text from FB, also note down the phone number where it would originate, so the moderators have an easier time to figure what's going on.

As always since mobiles are could be SIM jacked.. it is more secure to go with software authenticator (eg Google Authenticator or Authy) over mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.