cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra charges on my credit card

JRW
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just received my credit card statement. I have been charged on two separate dates in June from Public Mobile one week apart and completely different amounts. The one charge shows in my payment history but the other charge is not there. 

How do I get this corrected? Please help @CS_Agent

Thanks, JRW

14 REPLIES 14

Mitch1

This has happened to me twice , I reported it to mastercard fraud. Too many posts about this to be a mistake

terminator101ca

Oh man, I might have to remove my prepayment option. This is turning into a huge pita ...hope you get it worked out . I received my erroneously charged amount as a credit on my account( I would have liked a refund to cc but I wasn't given a choice). 

JRW

Again, I have been charged an extra charge on my credit card. Same as last credit card statement with both extra charges coming one week after. I contacted PM via @CS_Agent and was told it would be taken care of and the extra charges would be reversed. I have not received my credit for the original overcharging and have been charged again the same extra amount. No sign of this payment being made on my payment history...please help!! 

JRW

terminator101ca

I might have to rethink it as well @David01. I never had any issues before to be honest, and an extra 6$ off seems enticing.

David01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I used to have auto pay set up, but abandoned it more recently. Reason being my plan renewal date is too close to when my statement is printed. If my plan renewed a day or two early, which it has, it would sneak on to my statement, meaning I'd have to pay 2 months at once. I find it better to just buy the vouchers. 

terminator101ca

That's the kicker, I already did send them the picture.

I already had autopay set up. No changes whatsoever to my account.

JRW

@terminator101ca

Can you upload load a pic of the charges to your credit card in a message to the moderator team? 

I switched over to auto pay .... wonder if that was the issue???

Very frustratind indeed....hope this gets sorted out soon for you. 

JRW

terminator101ca

This is getting comical...I'm being told they cannot see the charge on my account and I should "check in my household if anyone else has a public mobile number that I'm paying for"

Charge is showing on the credit card statement clear as day...

The delays in this back n forth and kicking the ball in my court with ridiculous premises is testing my patience.

terminator101ca

I did already contact them. Now we wait and see.

JRW

@terminator101ca

Very frustrating having to deal with this. I have messaged with the moderator team and a refund will be credited back to my credit card. Try sending a private message or tagging them and they will help you sort things out.  @CS_Agent

JRW

terminator101ca

I know...I know...spending hours of your life trying to get back your own money is ridiculous.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@terminator101ca wrote:

I am having the same issue. Was charged for the 3 months (autopay) and then another charge of 77.97 shows up 10 days later in June.

As enticing as the $2 off for auto-pay is...this is exactly why I don't let services take money from me in any automatic fashion. Subscriptions, memberships whatever...I'll pay it myself thank you very much.

terminator101ca

I am having the same issue. Was charged for the 3 months (autopay) and then another charge of 77.97 shows up 10 days later in June.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@JRW

Hello! 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

For assistance, can you please send us a private message along with your phone# and PIN# and we shall be glad to help you with your inquiry. 

Thank you! 

Need Help? Let's chat.