cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Simcard purchased during Promo

Tammer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi everyone,

I purchased an extra simcard during the 12GB data promo.

If I give the simcard to my friend is it possible to still activate it with that promo?

Thanks in advance
9 REPLIES 9

@will13amThere are many internet providers still charge extra for unlimited data on top of already high monthly.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I was with bell before with a 500 Meg /month limit. 90% of the time I was under that quota. To get a n extra 500mb would have cost me 8$ a month. I was happy to pay the occasional excess data rather than the 8$/month. But now that I am on PM my data has increased.averaging 1Gb /month. I am now paying less and not worried about data usage.thanks PM.

mimmo

@Luddite wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I really do think people are trying to push the limits but it is worth a shot

My view is that, since Public Mobile was willing (but clearly not prepared Robot Sad) to have EVERY customer switch to the promo plan, the promo plan is actually profitable. Therefore, as long as a SIM card can be shown to have been acquired by Nov 16 the promo offer should be honoured (well, at least until year end). Robot LOL

I totally agree.  There are many people out there who buy more than they need for "peace of mind" not realizing that if taken too far, the cost of the occaisional overage is actually more economical.  Cost certainty is good but not always.  Those who are given 4 gigs but use less than 2 gigs would cost nothing to PM.  Let's face it, the incremental cost of usage is next to nothing.  Like the early days of home internet, overages were ridiculous.  Today, most plans are unlimited usage with no harm to the provider profitability.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

My view is that, since Public Mobile was willing (but clearly not prepared Robot Sad) to have EVERY customer switch to the promo plan, the promo plan is actually profitable. Therefore, as long as a SIM card can be shown to have been acquired by Nov 16 the promo offer should be honoured (well, at least until year end). Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Follow @SD08's suggestion and this post: 

per Jeremy http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Ordering-amp-SIM-Card-Payment-amp-Pi...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo

The offer is supposed to be for people who didn't get the sim in time to get the promo.

Personally at this moment in time I think is taking advantage of PM's good will gesture

Your friend can try, and PM has been very flexable becasue of all the issues people have had.  Even if they don't get the  promo it is still a good deal.  

I thins PM should actually announce a cutoff date for these late activations...I could order a sim now and just use an old order number...:) to get the promo...

SD08

At the very least, your friend would need to have the order number from the confirmation email you received, since only a moderator can activate that plan now.  Public Mobile has said they will honour the promo for SIMs ordered between Oct.25-Nov.16, but I believe time is running out on that, because PM might ask why your friend waited so long to even attempt activation.

Need Help? Let's chat.