cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing number

vietngo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it possible to keep my existing number when I switch to Public Mobile?

6 REPLIES 6

Lustinny

I switched my number over. It was super easy to do while registering my sim! Popped the new sim in rebooted my phone and it was working within minutes. My dads took a bit longer to switch over but was still happened with a hour. It also depends on what your original provider was on it will go that smooth.

RoxxyB7699

it was super easy to swtch and keep your number i was actually surprised,  just make sure your other carrier account is still active then go buy a sim hop online follow the steps and within minutes your good to go and your other carrier will cancel your account,  just make sure your up to date with the other carrier

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@vietngo wrote:

Is it possible to keep my existing number when I switch to Public Mobile?

@vietngo  Yes it is possible, it called porting you number and can be done during your PM activation. Just give the person at the kiosk the details. You will need your previous providers account number, name on the Account and phone number and tbey will set it up for you. Another option is to select a temporary number during activation and setup the port yourself by accessing your online account via selfserve.

@vietngo   yes, if you're not sure about doing it yourself go to a Walmart or London drugs or wow mobile shop!! 

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, although some say set up with a random number and then change after set up is complete.

Need Help? Let's chat.