cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exact spelling of name

stovikk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So i tried to port myself yesterday and it went through fine on one of the phone numbers. however, I only noticed today that i didn't include my middle name initial as in my old koodo plan and it worked. Just wondering if it matters at all to spell out your name in your latest bill? Now, I am trying to port another phone number to PM and hasn't been successful yet. Just wondering if i had to include capital letters as per my latest bill. I sent pm to @Saray_O.  @ut she didn't read my message yet. I really need this number to be ported today. Koodo account was cancelled immidiately and i keep getting "phone number is not in service" when i dial my phone numbe

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stovikk interesting.  Yes it sounds like everything should be working, and typically Koodo ports are very quick.  Hopefully a moderator can help quickly tomorrow.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

stovikk

@srlawren Yes, I rebooted and powered off several times through out the day. When I dial my phone number, I keep getting 6cu3, 6cu2, and 6cu1 out of service message. So hopefully on Monday morning it will get resolved. When initiated port, I got almost instant email from Koodo that service has been discontinued.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stovikk did you eventually get a text message on the second line, and everything is working?  It's unsual for the previous carrier account to get closed if the port is hung or incomplete.  Also, have you tried rebooting the second phone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

stovikk
Ok thanks. Hopefully this wil be resolved today.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

i would always use the exact names/addresses etc. as used with somebody else... sometimes it matters sometimes it doesn't, but at least you could avoid issues...

as per saray: she's the only one online today and might be swamped with failed activation requests within the past 2 days .... apparently a system glitch causing all sort of porting and regex ( alternate number ) issues .... very sure they will get to you soon..

cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.