cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ex New Customer, I will am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED, need to know to cancel account with out being out

Teazel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED.  I followed all the directions regarding signing on to Public Mobile.  I checked phone compatable, I bought a SIM card, I picked a plan, I activated SIM card, I set up a self service account which says is Active.  Took phone to be unlocked put in the NEW SIM card, NOTHING, No Service. It's been over 24 hours still NO service.  NO one to speak with, NO service rep. 100's of email message to look through NO HELP.  I am not tech savy and I am extremely disappointed and annoyed, now I have to wait 24 - 48 hours for a reply without phone service.  My son tells me he thinks I have been scammed.

15 REPLIES 15

paul5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

publick mobile is 100 % real , a great place  to have as your mobile provider

@Anonymous wrote:

@Teazel wrote:

I would like to have it work but if phone is still locked after we have done everything they said. I don't know what else to do except buy a different phone which I was hoping to avoid.  If the phone is unlocked and still not working then I really don't know what the answer is. 

Did you check willmyphonework.net? Who were you with before trying to come here? What kind of phone is it (make/model/submodel)?

You really need to answer these questions for us to be able to assist you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Teazel wrote:

I would like to have it work but if phone is still locked after we have done everything they said. I don't know what else to do except buy a different phone which I was hoping to avoid.  If the phone is unlocked and still not working then I really don't know what the answer is. 

Did you check willmyphonework.net? Who were you with before trying to come here? What kind of phone is it (make/model/submodel)?

Teazel

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Teazel wrote:

I did check compatablity before order SIM card & it was good and Only other cell phone is my son's and it's uses different card it's an adroid phone.  Someone suggested it was locked and it was but we went in to have it inlocked yesterday.  They were not terriblely helpful but we did everything they said, So supposedly it should work now. 

You're back. (so am I 🙂 ) So did you have time to digest all the ideas in your thread? Or answer some questions?

Only if you're interested in trying to get going.

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not a scam.  I signed up about 3 ago.  I had no issues.  Been happy so far.  Sorry your experience. Hopefully you can get things sorted out quickly.

Teazel

I didn't port an old number, I just took a number they offered.

Teazel

I did check compatablity before order SIM card & it was good and Only other cell phone is my son's and it's uses different card it's an adroid phone.  Someone suggested it was locked and it was but we went in to have it inlocked yesterday.  They were not terriblely helpful but we did everything they said, So supposedly it should work now. 

Alex85

I had some issues transferring my phone number, but I messaged one of the moderators and he was way more helpful than any person i've talked to on the phone. 

@Teazel

I will point out that I recently helped my brother with a similar issue. Bell insisted they had unlocked his phone but they didn't, so I had to do it online. After that all worked fine.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Teazel wrote:

I will am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED.  I followed all the directions regarding signing on to Public Mobile.  I checked phone compatable, I bought a SIM card, I picked a plan, I activated SIM card, I set up a self service account which says is Active.  Took phone to be unlocked put in the NEW SIM card, NOTHING, No Service. It's been over 24 hours still NO service.  NO one to speak with, NO service rep. 100's of email message to look through NO HELP.  I am not tech savy and I am extremely disappointed and annoyed, now I have to wait 24 - 48 hours for a reply without phone service.  My son tells me he thinks I have been scammed.

@Teazel, you have not been scammed but reading your post has me concerned.  You followed all instructions but are disappointed there is no one to speak with and no service rep.  Well you are right there is no one to speak with but there are service reps, they are called Moderators here but I am not sure if you did enough research before becoming a PM customer or if someone referred you they didn't explain the provider very good to you.  Not sure what 100's of email messages you are looking through or if you are referring to the posts in the community.  

When you checked phone compatibility did you use the IMEI checker or a third party site.  The IMEI checker here is only to find out if your phone has been reported lost or stolen and will not tell you about network compatibility.  Who were you previously with for cellular service and what type of phone are you using.  There maybe a few things the community can help with to get you up and running and enjoying the PM network.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Teazel

PM is a do-it-youself (DIY) service provider.  You need to know how number porting works, how to get data going by checking APN.  But the PM community has lots of knowledgeable members and are ready to help you to solve issue you have.  You are not do it alone.  You should have do your research before activate a PM plan. 

Now you are here.  Just let us help you while you are waiting for moderator.

Login your self-serve account.

Is your account status active?

Is your phone showing "Public Mobile"

Which plan did you activated?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Teazel, not every service works for all customers.  This service is geared around those who are comfortable with using online self serve with no call center/live chat.  Issues such as having the a compatible model of phone and removing SIM lock if applicable is the responsibility of the customer.  This community is intended to assist customers who need help getting the service up and running.  If you provide further details on the issues you are facing we can pitch in and help. 

I suggest starting with the self serve account.  Is the account in active status with the correct plan showing and correct plan features.  If that checks out, then the focus should be on the hardware.  You mentioned unlocking.  Has an unlock code been obtained and was it successfully applied when the Public Mobile SIM card as inserted in the phone?  Does the phone recognize the SIM card, is there a network connection.  What model is the phone? 

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Teazel wrote:

Sorry to see this happened, but yes, there is some recent activation issue.

And not sure how many messages you have actually send to @CS_Agent, but technically, it should have been taken care of.

Most of the people have experience the same thing, even me. But I am pretty sure you will not get scammed like what your son concluded.

You can try your old SIM card and see if there is a still a service.

If your old card is still working, it means the porting is still happening.

Otherwise, PM will try to fix the porting issue for you soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Teazel wrote:

You have NOT been scammed. Many thousands of people have signed up multiple times without issue and without needing assistance.

Maybe this self-serve, hands-on place isn't a good fit for you.

Did you check your phone at willmyphonework.net to see if it'll work here?

Did you try the SIM in any other unlocked phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.