cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

European SIM card

Linda27
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the basic $10.00 plan.  I will be travelling to Europe soon and would like to know if I install a European SIM card in my phone, will the current one expire while I'm gone?

5 REPLIES 5

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Linda27 wrote:

I have the basic $10.00 plan.  I will be travelling to Europe soon and would like to know if I install a European SIM card in my phone, will the current one expire while I'm gone?

Your Public Mobile account will remain open if you are in account suspension less than 90 days.  It is 90 days it gets closed from the time of the last failed renewal,  not 90 days from start of trip.  Other option is keep paying Public while you are away to make sure you don't forget to take account out of suspend.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo wrote:

@Linda27  this is a good read

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

@mimmo the definitive read on extended absences, courtesy of @Luddite 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

delarami
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

since public mobile is a self serve prepaid service your sim will only expire if you don't keep your account active. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Linda27 wrote:

No. Your sim will not expire IF you keep your acccount ACTIVE. If you pay for it. You can choose autopay and hope that everything will going well. Or you can put the money in your available funds and the system will take it each 30 days.(EDIT: only after 90 days with an inactive account a sim card will be inactive).

Need Help? Let's chat.