cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when Activating SIM card. Porting number from Koodo to Public Mobile

rudyramos119
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to get started with Public Mobile but when I try to finish setting up I get an error stating

"Oops! Looks like something went wrong when activating your account... Error Code: 821"

I am also attempting to switch my number from Koodo to Public so I'm wondering if that may be the cause of this error. If anyone could help me with this I would appreciate it.

Error Code: 821

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 9.57.33 AM.png

3 REPLIES 3

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@rudyramos119 

If all fails as @darlicious instructions in an hour, click on the SIMon chat button and as to contact a moderator for help to complete your porting.

@rudyramos119 

Don't forget to write down your 4 digit pin code, password, security question and answer and put it in a safe place in case you forget them in the future....it can save you a lot of hassle.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rudyramos119 

If your koodo phone number is from a prepaid account you must choose a temporary number and contact the moderators after activation to transfer it in.

If its from a postpaid account you may port it in upon activation. Be sure to leave the koodo sim card in your phone so you can respond YES to the porting authorization text from koodo.

You must wait out 1 hour from your session lock out after recieving an error message before trying again.  Clear your browser, reboot your device. Open one tab only in secret/incognito mode using chrome, firefox or safari as they work best.

The referral code is now entered on the fourth page to recieve your bonus $10 referral credit. If you don't have one just private message anyone here and ask them if they want to be your friend...lol 😃 ...and ask for their code. They will happily supply it!

Need Help? Let's chat.