cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when text sent to a local number that is correct and works fine when dialled

Raniatsea
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I keep receiving the message " you've entered an incorrect number. Please try again." But the number is correct and works perfectly when I dial it! 

12 REPLIES 12

yeah.. glad it is all working now... 

Raniatsea

Problem solved! 

We added a new contact " Test " with the same cel number that was not working before and the text went through. Deleted the previous thread with the old contact info as well.  Whatever glitch was in the system cleared up!

Thanks for all the suggestions!

@Raniatsea  so, one particular number you try to text and fail?  how about if you can text others without issue?

If it is just one number,it's probably less a concern.  Anyone else able to text that number?

Does that person who you trying to text just changed phone or changed carrier provider?

@Raniatsea 

Can other people text this person successfully...as @Anonymous asked?

Try deleting the person completely from your contacts.

Reboot your phone. 

Then readd the contact.

Raniatsea

Same error message with chat features off...

Raniatsea

Thanks, I will try turning off the chat features and try again, although it only seems to be a problem with one number. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Raniatsea : Can another phone/provider text to that number?

Raniatsea

I texted to a number with 1 in front, i.e. the number is 1-250-***-**** 

No, I did not use google messages. Just sending a regular text. 

I have an Android phone Moto G6

@Raniatsea wrote:

I am trying to text to one particular number and each time, I receive an error message. Using the same number for a voice call is perfectly ok. Texts to other numbers work fine. I am new to Public Mobile but have signed on for unlimited texts

@Raniatsea 

If you are android - Ensure your Chat Features is off:

1. Open Messages.
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features.
  3. Turn Enable chat features off.

Also, check with the person you are sending these texts too, theirs should be off too. Chat Features are good if both users are in wifi or using their data.

Raniatsea

I am trying to text to one particular number and each time, I receive an error message. Using the same number for a voice call is perfectly ok. Texts to other numbers work fine. I am new to Public Mobile but have signed on for unlimited texts

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Raniatsea wrote:

I keep receiving the message " you've entered an incorrect number. Please try again." But the number is correct and works perfectly when I dial it! 

@Raniatsea what exactly is happening...are you trying to dial one specific number or is this all numbers you are calling?

OR

Are you calling your own Public Mobile device?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

did you try putting a 1 in front of the number?

any chance the text got sent via iMessage or Google Message instead of true SMS?

What kind of phone you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.