cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when changing phone number to a transferred number

Cmondoux
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Went to change my existing Public Mobile phone number over to a different number that was being ported in from Rogers. I received an error text on the Rogers phone number but haven’t received anything else on where to go or what to do. The text said I would receive a call but nothing so far and my public mobile line is no longer working but the Rogers phone and number is working. 

no issues with a delay but have no direction or indication what to do about the error. Will wait and see I guess but would be nice to be able to contact public mobile. Joys of a cheaper provider, less service. 

6 REPLIES 6

Sounds normal for a port that just hasn’t completed yet. PM SIM/phone thinks it is the new (Rogers) number but Rogers isn't yet routing calls to the Rogers number on to Telus to deliver to your PM SIM/Phone.

AE_Collector

@Cmondoux 

Welcome to public mobile and the community. I am happy to hear the porting department sorted out your incomplete port. Anytime you require assistance, have a question or just want to double check how to perform an action in your account come to the community and post your query. We're always happy to help!

Cmondoux

Contacted the porting issue number and they were able to resolve the issue. 

@Cmondoux 

Could you have made an error when entering the account number? You can contact the moderators or inquire about the status of your port and/or reintiate the port request by calling the telus porting department. Check your private messages for the the phone number I will send you.

Cmondoux

The Rogers sim is in one phone and the public mobile sim is in a different phone so both are currently on. 

calling out on the public mobile phone is working with the Rogers number but calling the Rogers number only goes to the Rogers phone.

so far the only text received advised there was an error and nothing more. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Cmondoux 

You would need to place the Rogers SIM card back in the device to receive the port authorization text from Rogers in order to Port the number over.

Did you do that?  

Otherwise you would have had to advise Rogers of the pending Port so they could release the number.

Porting isn't always immediate.

Also try:

• Rebooting device with PM SIM card in it
  • Toggle airplane mode on/off
  • Reset network settings

Need Help? Let's chat.