cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error activation sim card

Melans
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello there,

Tomorrow I am landing in Toronto, I’ll be new in the country and I would like to have a sim card activated for then, however I am getting errors with 3 different cards.

The error which shows is:

Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time.....

I am using a credit and a debit card issued in Spain, and one prepaid card issued in England.

Any help?

Many thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

lireland20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sorry to hear that this didn't work for you!

I only have UK registered cards as I'm currently waiting for my Canadian debit card to be delivered. I risked it by buying a voucher from recharge.com and thankfully it worked.

Not sure what happened to your activation but I hope you get it sorted soon.

Melans

Went to recharge to buy a voucher and an error occurs when I am activating the sim card.

Pretty disapointed with PM.

Quite problematic a simple activation.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Melans wrote:

Thank you for all replies.

I would like to activate the sim with the $40 plan, but the total is $45.10 and checking the vouchet on recharge.com, there are one of less than $45 and other of $60.

What happens if I buy the bigger voucher? Could I use the remaining balance for the next payment month?

Thank you.

Yes, the excess fund will stay in your account for future use.

Melans

Thank you for all replies.

I would like to activate the sim with the $40 plan, but the total is $45.10 and checking the vouchet on recharge.com, there are one of less than $45 and other of $60.

What happens if I buy the bigger voucher? Could I use the remaining balance for the next payment month?

Thank you.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

The credit/debit cards may not be valid for a company that only operates in Canada, not all cards work in all countries (especially prepaid cards), and you probably have to have the phone and SIM card in Canada in order to register it with PM. You can buy vouchers here https://www.recharge.com/en with a paypal account, and register with PM after you land. Or you can go to a walmart or london drugs in Toronto and buy vouchers there to use.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Melans wrote:

Hello there,

Tomorrow I am landing in Toronto, I’ll be new in the country and I would like to have a sim card activated for then, however I am getting errors with 3 different cards.

The error which shows is:

Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time.....

I am using a credit and a debit card issued in Spain, and one prepaid card issued in England.

Any help?

Many thanks.

@Melans

To get things going you could buy a voucher from recharge.com if the only issue is adding a payment and add it to your account to start your service

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

You will need a credit card issued from a Canadian or USA bank.  Otherwise, you can go to recharge.com and buy a voucher which *should* allow you to use what you have already.

Need Help? Let's chat.