cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error. Please help. Setting up a new Account. Error. Credit Card Charged?

Tailtunz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just bought 4 sims to setup my family on Public Mobile.

I started with my daughters phone and it ended up in a error.

My credit card has been charged but the account has not been succesfully setup.

This is the error I recieved.

Generic Error

Oh no! 
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page

I am unable to login with the account that we created when setting up.

I did select to transfer our phone number over which was previously a Rogers pay as you go account. Is it possibe this has something to do with the error?

As well I set up the account in my daughters name but the name on the credit card is in my name? Not sure if this matters?

Please advise.

10 REPLIES 10

Tailtunz

OK great. Everything is now setup and working on this Android LG G5 that was previously setup on a rogers pay as you go. The moderator assisted me on porting the phone number. I did have to enter the APN details manually on this phone and the Data is also working well now.

I also setup our other 3 phones today without any issues. I took the advice of the community and ported the numbers over AFTER activating the Sim card. I just chose a random phone number and logged into the self serve portal and changed the phone number there. It took less than an hour for the porting to complete on all 3 phones. One phone was an Apple SE , and two Galaxy S5's . These phones configured the APN automatically. I am not sure why the LG G5 was such a pain to setup. All is well and many thanks to the community for the help. I am a pretty technical guy with many years of rooting phones and building computers and will contribute back to the community whenever possible. Cheers !!

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tailtunz wrote:

Yes, again not sure how long this would normally take. I should also mention that the Data does not work. I will post back with info on my resolution.

That sounds like you need to configure your APN.

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com 
Proxy: Leave blank 
Port: Leave blank 
Username: Leave blank 
Password: Leave blank 
Server: Leave blank 
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc 
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18 
MMS port: 80 
MCC: 302 
MNC: 220 
Authentication type: Leave blank 
APN type: Leave blank 

Tailtunz

Yes, again not sure how long this would normally take. I should also mention that the Data does not work. I will post back with info on my resolution.

Psygineer

Not receiving calls is normal during a port. If you can dial out then it is likely fine. Mobile to Mobile can take half a day to correct that issue. The incoming calls are going to your old SIM during that time.

@Tailtunz wrote:

So it seems the porting was not successful as I am unable to receive calls or texts.

I have contacted the Moderator to assist with the porting.

Tailtunz

So it seems the porting was not successful as I am unable to receive calls or texts.

I have contacted the Moderator to assist with the porting.

cprnicus
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I switched from a Rogers account 2 months ago. It was a secondary line from an old family plan. I did research in the community before activation and if done as described above, like I did , you have no problems. I was also a little unsure of the service - being only online and community based really, before I ported in my old Rogers number. It went flawlessly and with the exception of Rogers " customer service " trying to coax me back for a week - pleasant.

Great!! Thanks to let us know what was your solution @Tailtunz. Welcome in Public Mobile to all of you!!!

Tailtunz

Ok..things seem to be working now.

After rebooting the phone I received some text messages from some previous attempts at creating the Self Serve account.

I then returned to my web browser on my computer to again setup the PM account.

I clicked on create account. entered my 10 digit number. I then received a text message on the phone with the 6 digit code  to complete the Self Serve registration.

I was then successful at creating the account and viewing our new account info.

I am still not sure why I received the error to begin with.

I hope things go well with our 3 other phones.

Psygineer

The general recommendation when switching to Public Mobile is to grab a random phone number and set up your account. Then port your number over. If you made even the slightest mistake in your porting info so that it doesn't match precisely with what your former provider had (for me it was typing Crescent, then trying Cres and ultimately it requiring it be CRES. (All caps with the period) for the former provider to release the number. Odds are the port threw and error and it messed over the rest of the account creation. The Moderators should be able to fix that account. As for your other accounts, I'd suggest the method I outlaid above.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Hello @Tailtunz

I had the same plan with rogers..so no that's not the problem... Did you try in different browser?

Need Help? Let's chat.