cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message at Activation, Help!

Mabee_GP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got error message while trying to activate my new account, whom should I talk to?

9 REPLIES 9

@Anonymous @computergeek541 

Great to know! 
I use both when I activated my SIM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 : You have the option of either IMEI or account #.

@computergeek541 

I remember entering my IMEI when I activated my PM SIM.

Did PM removed this requirement?

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Mabee_GP 

If your credit card was charged then your SIM is activated.

You should have used the IMEI of the phone your are going to use the PM SIM.

I would suggest you contact the customer service agent CSA by clicking a on the SIMon chat button and create a ticket for a CSA if your CC wasn’t charge so they can help you activate the SIM.

There is no requirement to enter an IMEI during activation.  Durinng activation, IMEI could be used for porting in a number (or account number or old carrier's account PIN could be used), but other than than that, it makes no difference. 

@BKNS27 @Mabee_GP 

If IMEI is used on the number porting form, it is not necessarily the IMEI of the phone that is going to be used with Public Mobile that should be entered. It is the IMEI of the phone that was most recently used at the old carrier that should be used for that purpose (ie. the old phone if the new phone was never used at the old carrier).  In any event, using the incorrect IMEI on the number porting form would not prevent the Public Mobile service from activating (it would only prveent a sucessful phone number port in).

@Mabee_GP 

If your credit card was charged then your SIM is activated.

You should have used the IMEI of the phone your are going to use the PM SIM.

I would suggest you contact the customer service agent CSA by clicking a on the SIMon chat button and create a ticket for a CSA if your CC wasn’t charge so they can help you activate the SIM.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mabee_GP wrote:

I got error message while trying to activate my new account, whom should I talk to?

Hello @Mabee_GP ,

If your credit card did not get charged then the activation did not complete.

Try the activation process again. Best to use your current provider's account number to complete the port.

All customer service is online here, there is no phone number to call.

You can solve many issues here, by posting on the Community. With certain account related issues only CSA can help.

Here is how to reach CSA, found in this help article:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mabee_GP : Did you leave the old SIM in that old phone? Why not use account #? Did the charge go through? Can you try the new SIM in a phone to see if anything's working?

Mabee_GP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

At the end, I believe the CC is rejected or IMEI is wrong because they did not specify which one to use: old or new phone. I used old phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mabee_GP : What error message? At what point in the process?

Need Help? Let's chat.